Approximately 65 members of Cal State San Bernardino’s faculty senate, deans, department chairs and other faculty as well as university administrators gathered on May 10, 2019 for the first Academic Affairs and Faculty Senate Retreat. The one-day event, “Building a Shared Vision: Creating an Inclusive Environment," centered on achieving faculty diversity and closing equity gaps. Highlights included presentations, roundtable discussions and report outs.
Planning Committee Members
Lasisi Ajayi (College of Education), Tanner Carollo (Institutional Research), Dorothy Chen-Maynard (College of Natural Sciences), Donna Garcia (College of Social and Behavioral Sciences), Karen Kolehmainen (College of Natural Sciences), Muriel Lopez-Wagner (Institutional Research), Enrique Murillo (College of Education), Clare Weber (Academic Programs) and Seval Yildirim (Faculty Affairs and Development).
- Task Force for Native American Student Recruitment & Retention (draft report)
- Report of the Task Force on African American Student Recruitment and Retention
- Closing the Equity Gaps (Wil Greer, Educational Leadership & Technology)
- Data Presentation: Equity Gaps at CSUSB (Tanner Carollo, Institutional Research)
- Advancing Faculty Diversity (Angie Otiniano Verissimo, Health Science & Human Ecology, and Donna Garcia, Psychology)
- Data Presentation: Faculty Hiring To-Date (Lori Caruthers-Collins, Faculty Affairs and Development)
Roundtable Discussions and Report Outs
Retreat Feedback Survey