Main Content Region

Frequently Asked Questions


How will students pay their fees for summer classes?

  1. Current matriculated CSUSB students will pay fees through the same process as other semesters. Please see the Student Accounts website for more details on the payment process. Students are responsible for paying their fees by the deadlines indicated in MyCoyote Self Service.
  2. Non-matriculated/Visiting students will be required to pay fees for classes at the time of registration. Fees may be paid by cash, check, money order, or by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. The office is located on the third floor of the Center for Global Education and is available for payment and registration Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

How will students register for summer classes?

  1. Continuing CSUSB students will register for classes through myCoyote Self Service (similar to other semesters). Summer registration is April 8-25. Appointment dates for CSUSB students are in your Student Center. If you do not have an appointment date, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (909) 537-5200, option 1 or via email at
  2. All summer visiting students (community college, non-CSUSB or non-degree students) will enroll and register for courses through the College of Extended and Global Education (CEGE). Students can register online or fill out a paper application. A PDF application, along with instructions, is available on this Summer Session web page. Open enrollment begins April 26.

Can students transfer academic units completed during Summer Session 2024 into a degree program at CSUSB or another university?

If you are interested in transferring units into a degree program at CSUSB, a maximum of 24 units taken in a non-degree status can be applied toward a bachelor's degree, and 12 units toward a master's degree (subject to approval by the applicable academic department).

If you are a student enrolled in another college or university and you would like to transfer units completed during the Summer Session at CSUSB back to your home institution, please contact the Registrar's Office at your home institution and follow their process to receive transfer credit. It is recommended that students confirm in advance with their home institution the eligibility to have specific CSUSB course units accepted in transfer to satisfy their home institution's degree requirements. The student is responsible for completing any requirements outlined by the home institution to transfer credit back to the institution.

Can students be admitted to an academic program during Summer Session 2024?

Students are not admitted to academic programs during the summer. If you are interested in admission to a degree or credential program at CSUSB, please contact Admissions and Student Recruitment; however, please keep in mind that you can still take courses as a summer visiting student even if you have not been admitted into a degree program.

Are students eligible to take courses as summer visiting students even if they have been disqualified from the university or stopped taking classes?

Yes, disqualified students can enroll in courses as a summer visiting student. The grades earned during Summer 2024 may help raise their grade point average.

Which courses listed in the Summer 2024 Class Schedule are open to summer visiting students?

Most courses published in the class schedule are open to summer visiting students; however, students must have completed any necessary prerequisites. Please consult the Bulletin of Courses 2023-2024 for more information on prerequisites.

Is there a limit to the number of units a student may take during summer session?

During the summer session, undergraduate and graduate students may take a maximum of 14 units for the term with no more than 7 units per session. For instructions on how to enroll for a course overload, go to the Office of the Registrar Course Overload.


Financial Aid FAQs

How will I be notified about my summer session award?

The awarding process will begin after you have enrolled in summer courses. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will determine if you are eligible for summer aid. Notification of eligibility will be sent by email and your award can be viewed via MyCoyote.

How many units do I have to be enrolled in for summer session?

You must be enrolled at least half time to be considered for federal aid.

What happens if I withdraw from a class after receiving financial aid?

If you withdraw during the summer term, you may be required to repay financial aid funds.

Is the Over 60 program available for Summer Session 2024?

Yes, you may use the Over 60 fee waiver for Summer Session 2024. Please visit the website for additional information. 

Are CSUSB employees eligible for a discount on tuition fees?

The employee discount will not be offered for Summer Session 2024. However, CSUSB employees or their dependents may be eligible for the Employee Fee Waiver. Please contact Human Resources for additional information.

Are fee waivers available for Summer Session?

Yes, tuition waivers are available for summer for the following categories listed below:

  • Alan Pattee - undergraduate students only
  • Calvet Veterans Services College Fee Waiver
  • Dependents of Victims of September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks - undergraduate students only CSU Student Trustee

Please visit the Student Financial Services website for more information.

Will financial aid be available for students taking summer classes?

  1. Financial aid will be available for eligible current CSUSB students. Instructions on how to apply for aid and specific eligibility requirements will be posted on the Financial Aid & Scholarships Summer web page.
  2. Under certain circumstance, financial aid may be available for summer visiting students. Instructions on how to apply for aid and specific eligibility requirements will be posted on the Financial Aid & Scholarships Summer web page.

Will I be dropped for non-payment if I'm eligible for the Summer Assistance Grant but it hasn't been awarded?

The Summer Assistance Grant (SAG) will not be offered in Summer 2024. Please visit Financial Aid & Scholarships to view the aid offered during Summer Session 2024.

Do I qualify for financial aid if I enroll as an Early Summer Starter?

 Students admitted as an Early Summer Starter do not qualify for summer financial aid.