2022 Summer Financial Aid
If you are waiting for a Summer Assistance Grant (SAG), please know that you will not be dropped for non-payment on the payment deadline (May 9, 2022). As soon as your SAG award is processed you will receive an email from the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to your Coyote email with details.
All continuing and fully admitted students may be eligible for summer financial aid. Students admitted through the Early Start Program or Early Summer Admissions do not qualify for summer financial aid.
Summer awards are based on the total number of units at initial enrollment and:
- Any remaining (unused) eligibility from the 2021-2022 academic year (i.e. Fall and Spring)
- You must be regularly admitted to CSUSB in an eligible degree program during the summer term.
- 6 units for federal aid and 6 units for SAG for Undergraduates and Classified Credential students; at least 3 units of graduate level course work for Graduate students.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Have a 2021-2022 FAFSA or DREAM Act application on file by April 11, 2022.
Summer financial aid includes:
- Student Loans
- Fee Waivers
Additional aid includes:
- Summer Assistance Grant (SAG)
NOTE: Summer Assistance Grant is to assist with summer fees for students, including students admitted to CSUSB under AB540, also known as California Dream students.
A Summer Graduate Initiative Grant (GIG) is available to seniors planning to graduate by the end of Summer 2022. Students may click Summer Graduate Initiative Grant to apply.
Summer registrations taking place on April 4th – May 8th do not require pre-payment or deferment.
Summer registration made on May 9th or after will require pre-payment.
The last day to drop summer courses without incurring any fees is:
- 10W Regular session – June 20, 2022
- 6W1 session – June 8, 2022
- 6W2 session – July 18, 2022
ADDITIONAL SUMMER INFORMATION
For more information visit Summer Additional Information