2023 Summer Financial Aid
All continuing and fully admitted students may be eligible for summer financial aid. Students admitted through the Early Start Program or Early Summer Admissions do not qualify for summer financial aid.
Summer awards are based on the total number of units at initial enrollment and:
- Any remaining (unused) eligibility from the 2022-2023 academic year (i.e. Fall and Spring)
- You must be regularly admitted to CSUSB in an eligible degree program during the summer term.
- 6 units for federal aid and 6 units for Summer State University Grant (SUG) or Summer Dream SUG for Undergraduates and Classified Credential students; at least 3 units of graduate level course work for Graduate students.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Have a 2022-2023 FAFSA or DREAM Act application on file by April 11, 2023.
If you are waiting for a SUG, please know that you will not be dropped for non-payment on the payment deadline (May 15, 2023). As soon as your SUG award is processed you will receive an email from the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to your Coyote email with details.
Summer financial aid includes:
- Student Loans
- Fee Waivers
A Summer Graduate Initiative Grant (GIG) is available to seniors planning to graduate by the end of Summer 202. Students may click Summer Graduate Initiative Grant to apply.
NOTE: Summer State University Grant (SUG) & Summer Dream SUG will be available to students to assist with summer tuition only. It does not cover the mandatory summer fees.
Summer registrations taking place on April 3rd – May 5th do not require pre-payment or deferment.
Summer registration made on May 15th or after will require pre-payment.
The last day to drop summer courses without incurring any fees is:
- 10W Regular session – June 20, 2023
- 6W1 session – June 7, 2023
- 6W2 session – July 18, 2023
ADDITIONAL SUMMER INFORMATION
For more information visit Summer Additional Information.