2018 Summer Financial Aid
All continuing and Fall 2018 admitted students may be eligible for summer financial aid. This does not apply for students in the Early Start Program.
Summer awards are based on initial enrollment in the total number of units from all summer sessions, and:
- Based on any remaining (unused) eligibility from the 2017-2018 academic year (i.e. Fall, Winter and Spring).
- You must be regularly admitted to CSUSB in an eligible degree program during the summer term.
- You must be registered at least half time: for Undergraduate and Classified Credential students: at least 6 units; for Graduate students: at least 4 units of graduate level course work
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) based on federal regulations
- Have a 2017-2018 FAFSA or DREAM Act application on file by April 20, 2018
Summer aid will be based on remaining (unused) financial aid eligibility from the 2017-2018 academic year. Additional aid includes: A Summer Assistance Grant (SAG) to assist with summer fees for students, including students admitted to CSUSB under AB540 also known as California Dream students. A Summer Graduate Initiative Grant (GIG) is available to undergraduate, seniors planning to graduate by end of Summer 2018 or Fall 2018 (not based on financial need). Other types of additional summer financial aid include but are not limited to Pell Grant, Pell Grant 2, Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans, some fee waivers, and scholarships.
Summer registrations taking place on May 7th – June 14th do not require pre-payment or deferment.
Summer registration made on June 15th or after will require you to pay fees first and then be reimbursed with financial aid for which you qualify.
ADDITIONAL SUMMER 2018 INFORMATION
Additional Summer 2018 information is available on-line at https://www.csusb.edu/summer