2020 Summer Financial Aid
All continuing and fully admitted students may be eligible for summer financial aid. Students admitted through the Early Start Program or Early Summer Admission do not qualify for summer financial aid.
Summer awards are based on the total number of units at initial enrollment and:
- Any remaining (unused) eligibility from the 2019-2020 academic year (i.e. Fall, Winter and Spring).
- You must be regularly admitted to CSUSB in an eligible degree program during the summer term.
- 6 units for federal aid and 4 units for SAG for Undergraduate and Classified Credential students, at least 4 units of graduate level course work for Graduate students.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Have a 2019-2020 FAFSA or DREAM Act application on file by April 19, 2020
Summer financial aid includes: Grants, Student Loans, Fee Waivers and Scholarships. Additional aid includes: Summer Assistance Grant (SAG) to assist with summer fees for students, including students admitted to CSUSB under AB540 also known as California Dream students.
A Summer Graduate Initiative Grant (GIG) is available to seniors planning to graduate by end of Summer 2020. Students may click Summer Graduate Initiative Grant to apply
Summer registrations taking place on May 4th – June 5th do not require pre-payment or deferment.
Summer registration made on June 8th or after will require pre-payment.
The last day to drop summer courses without incurring any fees is June 21, 2020.
ADDITIONAL SUMMER INFORMATION
For more information visit Summer Additional Information.