2021 Summer Financial Aid
*** If you are waiting for a Summer Assistance Grant, please know that you will not be dropped for non-payment on the payment deadline (May 17, 2021). As soon as your SAG award is processed you will receive an email from the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to your Coyote email with the details. ***
All continuing and fully admitted students may be eligible for summer financial aid. Students admitted through the Early Start Program or Early Summer Admission do not qualify for summer financial aid.
Summer awards are based on the total number of units at initial enrollment and:
- Any remaining (unused) eligibility from the 2020-2021 academic year (i.e. Fall and Spring).
- You must be regularly admitted to CSUSB in an eligible degree program during the summer term.
- 6 units for federal aid and 6 units for SAG for Undergraduate and Classified Credential students, at least 3 units of graduate level course work for Graduate students.
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Have a 2020-2021 FAFSA or DREAM Act application on file by April 12, 2021
Summer financial aid includes: Grants, Student Loans, Fee Waivers and Scholarships. Additional aid includes: Summer Assistance Grant (SAG) to assist with summer fees for students, including students admitted to CSUSB under AB540 also known as California Dream students.
A Summer Graduate Initiative Grant (GIG) is available to seniors planning to graduate by end of Summer 2021. Students may click Summer Graduate Initiative Grant to apply
Summer registrations taking place on April 12th – May 14th do not require pre-payment or deferment.
Summer registration made on May 28th or after will require pre-payment.
The last day to drop summer courses without incurring any fees is June 10, 2021 for 6W1 session, June 22, 2021 for 10W regular session and July 19, 2021 for 6W2 session.
ADDITIONAL SUMMER INFORMATION
For more information visit Summer Additional Information.