Don’t leave any financial aid on the table by taking advantage of summer course opportunities!
BENEFITS OF SUMMER ENROLLMENT
- Get additional financial aid
- Graduate sooner
- Advance sooner to the next class level and qualify for more financial aid
Summer aid available: Federal Pell Grants, Summer Assistance Grant (SAG), Graduate Initiative Grant (GIG), and federal student and parent loans to assist students with summer fees. Other types of additional summer financial aid may be available for students who qualify. Summer 2018 financial aid information will be available on-line at www.csusb.edu/financial-aid March 1, 2018.
Summer SAG, Pell and Federal student loan awards are based on 2017-2018 academic year eligibility and initial enrollment in the total number of units from all sessions.
- Be regularly admitted to CSUSB in an eligible degree program during the summer term.
- Be registered at least half time:
- for Undergraduate and Classified Credential students: at least 6 units
- for Graduate students: at least 4 units of graduate level course work
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) based on federal regulations by end of Spring 2018.
- Have a 2017-2018 FAFSA or DREAM Act Application on file by April 20, 2018.
For Summer Graduate Initiative Grant (GIG), FAFSA filing is not required but recommended. The GIG eligibility is as follows:
- Be a senior and have filed for graduation check up to the Fall of 2018
- Demonstrate Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP): GPA of 2.0
- Have a full time status in the preceding term; and
- Sign a contract/program plan to take only those courses that count toward graduation during Summer 2018
Summer registration is taking place on May 7th – June 14th and does not require pre-payment or financial aid deferment. Once registered, students’ financial aid eligibility will be determined based on enrollment. Any awarded aid accepted will show as “pending aid” to be applied toward Summer 2018 fee.
Summer registration that occur on June 15th or thereafter will require students to pay fees first and then be reimbursed with financial aid for which the student qualifies.
Office of financial aid & scholarships contact
Location: University Hall 150
Monday-Thursday: 8am-6pm; Friday 8am-5pm
Summer Service Hours: Beginning June 18th – August 30th;