General Reproduction Policies
- Turnaround time varies. Orders may take up to 2 weeks to be completed. Rush orders are not available.
- Prepayment is required for all orders
- We reserve the right to deny requests based on condition of the materials or known restrictions (some materials may prohibit reproductions due to access restrictions).
- Library materials including archival collections will not be reproduced in their entirety.
- Additional fees apply to specialized orders (see “Other Fees” section below for description).
- Files are delivered electronically via email or web-based transfer platform when possible (print copies may be available upon request).
- Some files cannot be mounted online for transfer due to technical and/or security reasons. Those files will be delivered via physical storage media.
- Digital files are maintained by the Library for 30 days after the request is fulfilled and are then deleted.
- Credit line is required (see “Credit Line” section below for description).
- Special provisions may apply to some materials.
Publication, Permissions, & Usage Fees
Physical ownership of materials does not imply copyright. Individuals who wish to use copyrighted materials in manners beyond those protected by Fair Use are responsible for obtaining proper permissions from the copyright holder. Special Collections & University Archives can only grant permission for use of materials where copyright is held by California State University (CSU).
Purchase of reproductions from Special Collections & University Archives does not include publication rights. Publication of materials for which the CSU holds copyright may be subject to the following usage fees:
- Commercial : $100 per image
- Non-profit: No charge
- Student thesis/dissertation: No charge
Low Resolution Digital Scans – Suitable for reference use only. For items with dimensions up to 11 x 17”. Scanned at low resolution (300ppi), color of original document, provided as JPEG image file or PDF file.
- First 10 pages/images requested are free
- $0.50 per page/image for CSU affiliated researchers
- $1.00 per page/image for non-CSU affiliated researchers
High Resolution Digital Scans – Suitable for printing or publication use. For items with dimensions up to 11 x 17”. Scanned at high resolution (ppi varies by format), color of original document, provided as TIFF image file.
- $15.00 per page/image for CSU affiliated researchers
- $25.00 per page/image for non-CSU affiliated researchers
- $40 per hour in ¼ hour intervals for specialized orders that:
- Include Oversize materials larger than 11 x 17”
- Involve scanning specialized formats (e.g., artist books, photographic negatives, slides)
- Require file post-processing (e.g., color adjustment, cropping, stitching)
- $10 for USB Drive if needed for file transfer (NOTE: Required for scanned photographs from the Aerial Photo Collection of the Joseph Andrew Rowe Water Resources Archives)
Materials from Special Collections & University Archives:
- From the holdings of Special Collections & University Archives, Pfau Library, California State University, San Bernardino.
Materials from the Joseph Andrew Rowe Water Resources Archives:
- From the holdings of the Joseph Andrew Rowe Water Resources Archives, Pfau Library, California State University, San Bernardino.
Method of Payment
Currently, personal checks or cash are the only accepted forms of payment.
Please mail payments to:
Attn: Ericka Saucedo
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
Checks should be made out to CSUSB, on the memo line specify Reproductions: [Brief description of what was requested].