The Rehabilitation Counseling Certificate is reserved for individuals who possess a Master’s degree in a related field (i.e., social work, psychology, etc.) and are interested in obtaining knowledge and training in Rehabilitation Counseling.
Certificate Requirements (minimum 29 units)
- EREH 6615 - Introduction to Rehabilitation Counseling (5)
- EREH 6616 - Medical Aspects of Disability Across the Life Span (5 units)
- EREH 6617 - Counseling Theories & Psychosocial Aspects (5 units)
- EREH 6622 - Case Management/Job Placement/Practicum II (5 units)
- EREH 6624 - Assessment, Research & Program Evaluation (5 units)
- EREH - Elective Other Rehabilitation Counseling course (i.e., fieldwork) approved by the Program Coordinator (4, 5 or 6 units)
Note: EREH 6615 must be completed with a grade of “B” (3.0) or better to continue work in the certificate program.
Contact the Rehabilitation Program Coordinator to obtain more information regarding this certificate.
Dr. Connie McReynolds
Director, Institute for Research, Assessment & Professional Development
Individuals may be eligible to use the Open University option to enroll for the certificate courses through the Center for Extended Learning, which makes it possible to take courses on a space-available basis without going through the formal university admission process.
Applying to the Rehabilitation Counseling Certificate Program
Note: Certificate courses are offered at the CSUSB main campus. There is NOT an on-line option for the certificate program at CSUSB.
- Certificate Program Application - completed and signed certificate application. Fill-out the
- Educational Background
- Employment Background
- Reference letters are not required for the certificate program, line through this section of the form.
- Submit official transcript submitted in sealed envelope from Master's degree granting university.
- Letter of Intent - typed and double-spaced that includes: a brief autobiographical section
- professional work history
- interest / history in working with individuals with disabilities
- reasons for pursuing the Rehabilitation Counseling certificate
- description of your potential contributions to the field of Rehabilitation Counseling
How to Apply / Upcoming Deadlines: The deadline for certificate program admission for Fall 2020 is July 13, 2020.
The complete packet is to be emailed to: email@example.com
Dr. Connie McReynolds
Department of Special Education, Rehabilitation & Counseling
California State University, San Bernardino
5500 University Parkway, Room CE-120
San Bernardino, California 92407