Admission to Rehabilitation Counseling Master of Arts Program
In addition to the general requirements of the university (Cal State Apply), specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
A baccalaureate degree with a major preferably in education, psychology, sociology, or a related field;
A cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.5;
A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 ('B') in all previous graduate work;
Completion of an interview with one faculty member to assess competence in interpersonal skills and aptitudes for the rehabilitation counseling profession; and
Students need to pass EREH 6615 and 6616 with a grade of 'B' or better in each course to meet conditional admission requirements.
Applying to the Rehabilitation Counseling Program
Please ensure that your Program Application is complete and includes the following:
- Program Application - completed and signed program application. Fill-out the Rehabilitation Counseling Application and save it to your computer. This will be uploaded into the Cal State Apply system. The following information must be completed on the program application form:
- Educational Background
- Employment Background
- Three (3) references including name, address and telephone number.
- Letter of Intent - typed and double-spaced that includes:
- a brief autobiographical section
- professional work history
- interest / history in working with individuals with disabilities
- reasons for pursuing the Rehabilitation Counseling degree
- description of your potential contributions to the field of Rehabilitation Counseling
Letters of Recommendation - Three (3) signed reference letters must be submitted through CSUApply. The recommendation letters need to attest to your ability to perform graduate level work and/or your interest/history in working with people who have disabilities. Letters are to be included in your complete application packet.
All program application documents are to be uploaded to the CSU Apply system.
How to Apply
The Rehabilitation Counseling program offers a closed cohort plan of study beginning each fall.
For more information see the Graduate Studies - How To Apply.
|Program Deadline||Sunday, August 1, 2021||Deadline for Rehabilitation Counseling Program application|
|Late Registration Fee Implemented||Thursday, Aug. 5, 2021||$25 late fee is implemented to anyone who registers after this date|
Applying to the University
In addition to program admission, you must also be admitted to the university. Visit CSU Mentor for more information.
What is Cal State Apply?
Cal State Apply is a website designed to help students and their families learn about the California State University (CSU) system. The CSU is comprised of 23 excellent campuses. Cal State Apply assists students in planning for college, in selecting the appropriate CSU campus to attend, in planning how to finance their education, and in applying for admission.
Cal State Apply is Free to Use
The student will only pay the application fee charged by the CSU campus when an application for admission is submitted. All personal data entered by the user is not released without the user's express consent, and data entered in a planner can be transferred easily to an online application for admission.