School audiometrists administer tests on students to assess and measure hearing. This online course examines the anatomy and physiology of the auditory mechanism including the nature of the acoustic stimulus, hearing disorders, problems of the hard of hearing, and pure-tone audiometry. The successful completion of the course leads to the Certificate of Registration as a School Audiometrist, granted by the California Department of Health Services.
- Meets the requirements to apply for certification as a California School Audiometrist
- Work independently to complete coursework online
- Use precision hearing testing equipment & gain knowledge to perform screening and threshold tests
- Learn to keep accurate records and prepare necessary reports
- Earn 3 semester units of degree-applicable-level college credit when you successfully complete the course
- Internet access
- Email address
- Virus protection software
- Microsoft Word
* For practical assignments and Final Exam the AudSim Flex software will be a requirement.
More information will be provided by instructor. To review system requirements please visit audsim.com.
- Online and written
The practical final will be proctored virtually by the instructor utilizing the AudSim software. More information provided during the first day of class.
Upon successful completion each student will receive a Student Grade Report by mail with instructions on how to apply for the Audiometrist Certificate.
The Audiometrist Certificate can be obtained by submitting an application to the California Department of Health Services.
|Semester||Course Dates||Registration Deadline|
|Spring 2022||January 24, 2022 - May 13, 2022||January 14, 2022|
|Summer 2022||June 1, 2022 - August 10, 2022||coming soon|
**Please note that CSUSB is now on a semester term system as of Fall 2020.
*Dates and Fees subject to change
This is an online academic credit course. Once you have been given your password and access to the online course, refunds or transfer of fees are no longer possible. The refund policies for the College of Extended and Global Education can be found on our website at: https://www.csusb.edu/cege/policies. This is a graded academic course, and thus, follows the campus academic calendar dates. Please visit http://bulletin.csusb.edu/calendar/ to view important deadlines for the term.