The Biosafety Committee's purpose is:
- to review and approve research and education using gene engineering procedures.
- to establish policies for safe use of biohazardous material.
- to establish policies for other biological and health-related issues (for example, procedure to follow in case of needle sticks).
Current Biosafety Committee Members:
- Dr. Cynthia Crawford, IBC Chair, Professor, Department of Psychology
- Dr. Dorota Huizinga, Ex-Offico, Associate Provost for Research and Dean of Graduate Studies
- Dr. Laura Newcomb, IBC Member, Professor of Biology
- Dr. David Rhoads, IBC Member, Professor of Biology
- Dr. Yu Jung Kim, IBC Member, Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Dr. Richelle Marracino Ghazal, IBC Member, Student Health Center
- Ms. Kathy Piersoni, IBC Member, Environmental Health and Safety
- Dr. Mike Kirby, IBC Non-Affiliated Community Member
- Mr. Richard Allen, IBC Non-Affiliated Community Member
- Mr. Michael Gillespie, IBC Adminstrative Contact, Research Compliance Officer, Office of Academic Research
Applications to Use Biological Specimens for Research or Teaching
For questions regarding these issues, please contact:
Dr. Cynthia Crawford, Interim Associate Provost for Research/Professor of Psychologyccrawfor@csusb.edu909-537-7416