The Collaborative IRB Training Initiative (CITI) was founded in March 2000 as a collaboration between the University of Miami and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center to develop a web-based training program in human research subjects protections. The CITI course contains training modules for Biomedical and Social and Behavior Science research.
In addition to the "basic" content, the CITI model provides the opportunity for our institution to post additional instructional materials specific to CSUSB training needs such as the Financial Conflict of Interest Training (FCOI) required by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for recipients of NIH grant awards/funds.
If you have already completed training in human research protections then you already have an account established and may simply log in using that existing username and password. If not, simply click on the link below and create your username and password. Once logged in please follow the directions noted below.
For CSUSB, the CITI Online Training site is utilized to complete the required conflict of interest training and should take 20 to 30 minutes to complete. The CITI training website will ask you a series of questions after first asking you whether you would like to receive continuing educations credits. Select No as these credits are not associated with any CSUSB course credit.
- Under question 1 (Human Subjects Research) select - not at this time.
- Under question 2 (Laboratory Animal Welfare) select - nothing.
- Under question 3 (Would you like to take the COI mini-course) select - yes.
- Under question 4 (Good Clinical Practice) do not check the box.
- Under question 5 (Responsible Conduct of Research) select - not at this time.
- Select Finalize Registration.
- Select View Courses then select Start Now to complete your course.