Seven Cal State San Bernardino faculty members have been named to the inaugural cohort of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Faculty Fellows, the Office of Faculty Affairs and Development has announced.
The work of the DEI Faculty Fellows will align with CSUSB’s strategic plan to enhance the university’s DEI commitment, resources and support for faculty across ranks. The DEI Fellows’ key responsibility will be to bolster each college’s ability to advance DEI in faculty recruitment, evaluation and retention. Additionally, the Faculty Fellows will develop and deliver evidence-based training to CSUSB faculty aimed at increasing faculty DEI.
During the 2023-24 fellowship year, the Faculty Fellows will participate in a faculty learning community and complete a range of professional development experiences to enhance their expertise and skills. In consultation with Lori Caruthers Collins, director of Diversity Initiatives, and Donna Garcia, senior Faculty Fellow, the fellows will work collaboratively with the dean and faculty in their college on DEI-related activities and serve as a resource to guide recruitment, evaluation and retention efforts.
Inaugural DEI Faculty Fellows, 2023-2024:
- Donna Garcia, senior DEI Faculty Fellow, Office of Faculty Affairs and Development, professor, psychology, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Jane Chin Davidson, DEI Teaching Fellow, professor, art history/global cultures, College of Arts and Letters
- Andre Harrington, professor, department chair, theatre arts, College of Arts and Letters
- Angie Otiniano Verissimo, associate professor, health science and human ecology, College of Natural Sciences
- Nancy Acevedo-Gil, professor, doctoral studies, James R. Watson and Judy Rodriguez Watson College of Education
- Yasemin Dildar, associate professor, economics, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Marc Fudge, professor, public administration, Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration