“Augie’s Pop of Kindness Day,” presented by the CSUSB Staff Council, will take place at 1 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 20, on campus for essential workers and virtually on Zoom for those working remotely.
Last year was the inaugural “Augie’s Pop of Kindness Day” to honor the legacy of kindness that Augie Hartung emulated, and the CSUSB Staff Council didn’t want staff to miss out because we are under different circumstances.
Popsicles will be available at five designated locations on campus for essential workers to pick up. There will also be a special edition of Staff Chat, where staff can come, popsicles in hand, to share Augie’s spirit of kindness.
Augie served as associate director of Facilities Services from 2001-2006 and exemplified the concept of caring and service through his thoughtful acts, such as handing out popsicles on hot days.
Essential worker popsicle locations will be:
- Facilities Management building, outside the main entrance;
- Library, outside the main entrance;
- Sierra Hall, outside the main entrance;
- University Hall, first floor, outside the main entrance;
- University Police Department, outside the main entrance; and
- At the Palm Desert Campus, Mary Stuart Rogers Gateway Building, outside the main entrance.
The Staff Chat link can be accessed on Zoom from a PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android at : https://csusb.zoom.us/j/98156835913 (the password will be sent to campus listserv). Please set a reminder on your calendar.
If you have any questions, you can email Staff Council at email@example.com.