Main Content Region

Club & Organization Banking

Office of Student Leadership and Engagement (OSLE)  along with the Finance and Administrative Coordinator (FAC) facilitate all financial transactions for University Clubs and work with student leaders, campus administrators, and business vendors to expedite the approval of payments, refunds, advances or withdrawals from University Club accounts. Below you will find instructions on how to conduct financial business for your University Club including setting up the account, making deposits, and a variety of ways to access your club's funds; based on the university's required accounting procedures and the type of activity, event, or financial transaction necessary to complete the request.

Setting up an On-Campus Bank Account

  1. Be a current chartered Student Club or Organization through Office of Student Leadership and Engagement (OSLE)
  2. President, Vice President and Treasurer must complete annual training (see details below)
  3. Student Organization President will be asked to provide account information requested in the Charter Registration on Coyote Connection
  4. As authorized signators, the University Club Officers must sign Trust fund Fact Sheet (TFFS) 
  5. OSLE will route the TFFS form for University Club Officers and campus signatures via Adobe Sign
  6. For new organizations; the Trust Fund # will be provided to OLSE, FAC, and University Club Officers
  7. The Trust Fund is your bank account and this number will be used on the following forms:
    • University Club Cash Deposit Form
    • University Club Financial Transaction Request Form

All recognized CSUSB student organizations, with the exception of those granted exemption, must have a financial account with the university. University policy requires that student organizations deposit all funds in their CSUSB bank account. The purpose of this policy is to ensure the integrity of the funds from year to year.

Financial statements, donations, and all check and purchase order requests are processed by the FAC.

Clubs are not permitted to have off-campus bank accounts. Clubs found to have off-campus bank accounts are subject to disciplinary action. Requests for checks or transfers to any club account held off-campus will not be processed.

To be considered for on-campus banking exemptions, your organization must meet the following criteria and process an exemption request:

  • Maintain official affiliation with a national organization
  • Members must pay quarterly or annual dues that partially go to their national organization
  • Be incorporated as a non-profit – Internal Revenue Service Section 501(c)
  • Must have filed IRS form 990 with Internal Revenue Service to maintain 501(c) in previous fiscal year
  • Copies of the aforementioned documentation must be submitted with the Exemption Form to OSLE
  • Although it is not required, it is highly recommended that groups filing for exemption have insurance provided by the national organization to its affiliated chapters.
  • Submit a University Club on Campus Banking Exemption Form

On Campus Banking Forms and Documents:

Financial Record Keeping

  1. Maintain a shared Google folder or binder with all club expenditures; include University Club Banking forms and backup documentation
  2. Always use Receipt Book when collecting membership dues or fundraising revenue.
  3. Create and utilize and Excel sheet to track each expense with STXXX fund balance. Example: Budget Sheet
  4. Contact FAC with any questions regarding practices

Annually Required On Campus Banking Training 2022-2023

For any questions about the Club Banking program please contact us at

CAB Funding for your Club or Organization!

The Associated Students, Inc. sponsors Club Allocation Budget (CAB) Funding! The CAB Committee’s mission is to support recognized CSUSB student organizational activities that will directly enhance on-campus life, and allow students to develop leadership and personal skills. Student organizations are encouraged to request grant funding for the following services:

  • On-Campus Events and Programs
  • Organization Fundraisers or Philanthropy Events
  • Conference Registration Fees
  • Artist/Speaker Fees
  • Advertising
  • Food/Beverages

Representatives of all organizations receiving funds through CAB are required to attend a mandatory workshop each year explaining CAB procedures and prior to submitting a request. Organizations will be ineligible for CAB funding until this requirement is met.

Student Organizations requesting funds must show financial investment in the event for which they are requesting CAB funding. New Organizations will have one (1) year from the date they were chartered with OSLE to establish financial stability before meeting this requirement. It is important for organizations to note that receiving CAB funds is a privilege and not a right, and funds will be considered for distribution on a first-come, first-served basis. The CAB Committee is entrusted with the responsibility for ensuring that CAB funds are allocated wisely and as fairly as possible. Sponsored Student Organizations (SSO) and University Sponsored Organizations (USO) are not eligible for CAB funding through Associated Students, Inc.

For more information, email or visit or call (909) 537-5932

Funding Bracket

(Review the CAB Policy for Funding Restrictions)

Funding Type Semester Cap Maximum Annual Cap Maximum
Conference Fees $1,200 $1,200
Advertising, Marketing, and Publicity $300 $500
Food and Beverage $1,500 $3,000

Artist/Speaker Fees

$1,500 $1,500
Decorations $225 $550
Prizes $800 $800
Organizational Promotional Items $400 $400


Fundraising by On-Campus Organizations

Fundraising events are activities where organizations receive monies (directly or indirectly) in exchange for merchandise, service, or entertainment. An exception to this policy would be when organizations are conducting small inconsequential fundraising activities, e.g., a sorority selling T-shirts.

Recognized student, faculty, and on-campus organizations may raise funds on-campus either through direct solicitation or by sponsoring revenue-producing activities in accordance with the following:

  • The appropriate University officials or designees must approve the fundraising activity in advance on the basis of their conformity to the general principles of this policy and to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The viewpoint of the group sponsoring the activity and the content of any materials to be distributed shall not be considered in the decision to grant or deny permission. Student groups must receive prior approval from Student Leadership and Engagement at (909) 537-5234. Faculty/staff must receive prior approval from the Office of the Vice President for Advancement at (909) 537-5004.
  • The fundraising activity must be consistent with the stated purpose of the organization.
  • The net proceeds from the fundraising activity must be used for the stated purpose and are in some direct relation to the educational, research or service missions of the University, or donated to a charitable organization.
General Fundraising Information
  • Members of the University community may collect dues, initiation fees, and admission charges where they are applicable. All fundraising events must be scheduled with the appropriate campus scheduling unit(s).
  • Student organizations that wish to sell tickets or any other commodity must receive permission from OSLE.
  • Official alumni and similar university-related organizations may raise funds in accordance with established procedures and regulations.
  • Non-members of the University community may not raise funds on campus; however, the University President may approve a limited number of fundraising programs for charitable organizations and public service agencies.
  • Gambling is not permitted as a fundraising activity (California Penal Code, Sections 319-329).
  • The fundraising activity must be consistent with the stated purpose of the organization.
  • The net proceeds from the fundraising activity must be used for the stated purpose and are in some direct relation to the educational, research or service missions of the University, or donated to a charitable organization.
  • CSUSB’s W-9 will be forwarded directly to vendors from OSLE. Please obtain the vendor’s contact name and email address.
  • Checks will be made payable to CSUSB, with the Club’s Name listed in the memo section.
  • Never print the word “Raffle” on the face of your ticket or advertisement. Alternative wording may be: “Fundraising event,” “Prize Give-away,” or “Opportunity to Win.”
  • You must give the buyer something besides the ticket in exchange for their donation. Example: A pizza coupon printed on the back of the ticket. Many pizza restaurants will actually print the tickets for you in exchange for the publicity.
  • You are obligated to give one ticket to anyone requesting one whether or not they give you a donation.
  • Tickets and ticket stubs must be individually numbered and you must keep an account of every ticket you print. Tickets can be numbered through CSUSB Printing Services.
  • The following must appear on every ticket:
    • The name of your organization (not an acronym)
    • Date, time, and location of the drawing
    • “No purchase necessary”
    • “Winner need not be present
    • “Suggested Donation” next to the ticket price
    • “Proceeds benefit...”
  • Opportunity Drawing Form
    • All giveaway and opportunity drawing recipients must complete the Opportunity Drawing Form
    • This is an Office of Student Leadership and Engagement and CSUSB Accounting Services requirement
    • Club officers are responsible for the completion of this form at the time the prize is given
    • The Opportunity Drawing Form should then be emailed to Dana Franklin, Finance and Administrative Coordinator, at