Main Content Region

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions for Project Impact.

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get additional information on the credential programs?

Attend the next Credential Program Information Session, at  At the session, prospective students will receive an overview of the program, admission requirements, application steps, tuition costs, etc. 

Do I have to take the CSET?

You must meet the Subject Matter requirement to apply to a credential program at CSUSB.  You only need to complete ONE of the following options to meet this requirement:

  • Pass the California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET) exam,
  • Verification of successful completion of an academic degree major in the subject area of the credential being sought.
  • Complete a Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) approved subject matter program at a university.
Do I have to take CBEST?

You must meet the Basic Skills requirement to apply to a credential program at CSUSB. You only need to provide verification of ONE of the following options to meet this requirement:

  1. Passage of the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST),
  2. Pass the CSET: Multiple Subjects Plus Writing Skills Examination
  3. Passage of the CSU Early Assessment Program or the CSU Placement Examination.
  4. Achieve qualifying score on the SAT or ACT.
  5. College Board Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations.
  6. Passage of the Basic Skills Examination from Another State.
  7. Meet the Basic Skills Requirement by Coursework.
  8. Meet the Basic Skills Requirement by Coursework and Examination
A school district is willing to offer me an internship position.  How do I become intern eligible?

A student must be admitted into a credential program and complete the necessary requirements for the credential program they are pursuing.  Typically, students are required to complete pre-service courses, hours of observation, and the US Constitution requirement before they can official be considered “intern eligible.”  

If my GPA is too low to enter the program, what are my options?

Some credential programs you must have a cumulative 2.67 GPA or 2.75 in your last 90 quarter or 60 semester units.  However, some may be willing to make an exception if you have a least a 2.5 GPA.  You may take courses at a community college to increase your GPA or reach out to the Program Coordinator regarding an exception, if any.


Quick Links