Citizen Volunteer Program
The University Police Department is now accepting volunteer applications for our Citizen Volunteer Program. The Citizen Volunteer will help supplement and support officers and civilian personnel by allowing them to concentrate on their primary duties. This is an unpaid position in support of the CSUSB Police Department. This may be an opportunity for community citizens and retirees to support the campus community.
The Citizen Volunteer Program (CVP) personnel will strive to enhance campus safety and security through programs of crime prevention and education with active involvement in these efforts.
The Citizen Volunteer is assigned to act in partnership with the university police department in order to meet the goals of the organization. Those appointed will work with the police department staff to improve the quality of life and education experience here at CSUSB.
Volunteers will be given the opportunity to serve the campus community as they work in the areas of:
- Campus patrol
- Crime prevention
- Special events
- Escort Service
- Report writing
- Finger Printing
These are just a few of the areas where Citizen Volunteers will be working closely with the police staff of the CSUSB Police Department.
If you are interested in working for a great police department, stop by or call the CSUSB Police Department. Please ask for Officer Barbo-Garcia (909) 537-5165.
We are located at the far Northwest corner of campus on Fairview Street.
Interested in Becoming A Citizen Volunteer
Although volunteers WILL NOT be sworn peace officers and have no authority to act in an enforcement status, there are still qualifications, which have to be met.
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation administered by a CSUSB Police officer or authorized personnel.
- Must be of unquestionable character with high moral values and integrity.
- Must be able to volunteer at least eight hours per month to the program.
- Must be willing to abide by the rules and regulations set forth in the Citizen Volunteer Program Mission Statement.
Obtain an application at the front counter of the University Police Department or by clicking Volunteer Application