Why Should I volunteer?
Becoming a volunteer is a great way explore career options and develop a community network at the same time. Volunteering is one of the best investments you can make with your time. The more you give, the more you get. In addition to the difference you make in the lives of others, volunteering pays many career building dividends.
You can be recognized for your volunteer service through the CSUSB President's Volunteer Service Award. It is easy, fun, and a great way to enhance your resume! You may apply on your own, or with your organization.The deadline to submit your total hours is Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 5PM, which includes volunteer hours from May 1, 2017-May 1, 2018.
ALL CSUSB students, faculty, staff and administrators are encouraged to apply!
Submit hours as you volunteer!
You can now easily log your volunteer hours with just a few clicks by using our new volunteer tracker database - MobileServe!
MobileServe is available as a free mobile app in the App store and Google Play and can be used on most smart phones and tablets.
If you’d rather not use the mobile app, you can create and manage your MobileServe account from app.mobileserve.com.
MobileServe Support recommends using Google Chrome, as it tends to be the most compatible with the online software.
To Download the App:
- Go to the App Store or Google Play.
- Search “MobileServe.”
- Tap the Get or Install button next to MobileServe App.
To Create Your Account (DO NOT CREATE ACCOUNT WITH FACEBOOK)
- Open the app or go to app.mobileserve.com & select Sign Up.
- First Name: Enter Full Name (i.e. Cody Coyote)
- Last Name: Coyote ID# (XXXXXXXXX)
- Date of Birth
- You can skip the Employer / School box.
- Email address: email@example.com
- Create a password
- Select Next.
- Enter the 6-digit code corresponding to your organization. *View pdf code list below.
- When the organization name pops up, select Join.
- Select Next.
- Add an optional photo to your profile.
- You have now joined MobileServe, select Start Serving to start logging in your hours.
Remember to skip supervisor name and email when logging hours– that is not a required field.
Please contact (909)537-5259 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if your organization is not listed.
What doesn’t count?
- Travel time to and from service activities
- Hours spent sleeping during overnight service trips or events
- Work for political campaigns
- Court ordered community service
- Religious activities (e.g. Bible school, usher, Eucharist)
- Research activities (e.g. you are assisting a proferssor with research)
- Internship hours (if receiving academic units)/paid internship
- Hours worked at a for-profit organization
- On-campus leadership programs (e.g. SMSU Program Board, ASI Executive Board, Outdoors Program, Resident Assistant, SOAR Leader)
What Will You Earn? Gold, Silver or Bronze?
- Individual: 250 hours or more
- *Groups: 1,000 hours or more
- Individual: 175-249 hours
- *Groups: 500 to 999 hours
*For group award, each member must contribute a minimum 25 service hours per member toward the group total.
- Individual: 100-174 hours
- *Groups: 200 to 499 hours