Upcoming Grant Opportunities for 2021-22
The Office of Community Engagement is pleased to release its grant schedule for the 2021-2022 academic year! OCE grants provide CSUSB faculty support with community engagement efforts, including grants to implement service learning into a course, conduct community-based research, and/or establish a community partnership.
[Please Note] All grant programs are dependent on the availability of Chancellor’s Office funding. All grant activities must follow campus risk management processes for off-campus placements and protocols for COVID-19 training and screenings.
Deadlines for Community-Based Research Mini-Grant & Service Learning Fellowship Programs:
- Friday, September 10, 2021
- Friday, October 1, 2021
- Friday, November 5, 2021
- Friday, December 3, 2021
Establishing Community Partnerships Grant Deadline:
- Friday, November 5, 2021
Community-Based Research Mini-Grant
The Office of Community Engagement (OCE) offers faculty mini-grants up to $5,000 to support community-based research projects, i.e., the application of knowledge through research to the solution of problems confronting Inland Empire communities. The mini-grant program is open to all faculty.
Proposals are invited for a wide-range of research activities. Proposals must:
- begin with the identification of a community partner and a specific community need
- involve faculty and members of an agency/organization working together to define the problem to be examined, co-generating relevant knowledge, and executing research techniques
- include activities that result in a research paper or creative work submitted for publication
Service Learning Fellowship
The Office of Community Engagement (OCE) is pleased to announce the availability of the 20th year of Service Learning Fellowships. The Fellowship program is designed to support faculty in developing service learning opportunities for CSUSB students. Service Learning Fellows can use these funds to infuse service learning into an existing CSUSB course or to develop a new course with a strong service learning component.
Goals of the Service Learning Fellowship Program:
- Provide significant service learning experiences to CSUSB students that relate to their personal growth and enhance their learning.
- Provide students with service learning experiences that directly address a community need.
- Advance community-university partnerships that bring resources to Inland Empire communities.
- Promote the institutionalization of high-quality service learning opportunities at CSUSB.
Establishing Community Partnerships
The Establishing Community Partnerships Grant supports faculty in their efforts to establish new community partnerships and/or further develop existing partnerships. Important to any community-based research and/or teaching is a strong relationship with a community partner. These relationships are built on trust, and through substantial investments of time.
This grant program offers faculty substantial support in their efforts to develop community partnerships as a first step to other community engagement strategies, including but not limited to community-based learning and service learning both in formal classes and in other teaching-related activities (research teams, internships, independent study, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities), as well as in community-based and community participatory research, scholarly, and creative activities.
Student Grant Opportunities
ASI Student Research & Travel
Purpose: This grant supports both undergraduate and graduate student research and creative activities and travel related to academic growth and development.
Applicant eligibility: Currently enrolled, undergraduate students with a minimum 2.5 GPA; graduates must have a 3.0 GPA.
Maximum award amount: $1,000