The Office for Community Engagement (OCE) is committed to support and recognize CSUSB faculty who address critical community needs through high-quality community-based experiences for our students. We connect faculty with communities and facilitate community partnership development, service learning and/or community-based participatory research.
If you would like to arrange a meeting or phone call regarding community-based research projects, service learning, and/or project-based learning, please contact Diane Podolske at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Browse Our Website
OCE Faculty Support Services
- SL and CBPR implementation models
- Community partner identification and partnership support
- Syllabus design guidance
- Risk management guidance
- Related articles, books and readings
- Student and community partner assessment
- Best practices for students in community
- Resources for service materials (e.g. t-shirts, name tags)
- Reflection questions, prompts and activities
- Discussion guidelines
- Online learning software guidance
- Community Engagement Writing Accountability Group
- Community Engagement Library Program
- Linkages with other CSU faculty with similar interests
- Relevant scholarship and publishing outlets
- Letters of support for RPT files
- Faculty development workshops/webinars
- Conference, workshops and event opportunities
- Service Learning Fellowship Grant
- Community Based Research Mini-Grant
- Establishing Community Partnerships Grant
- Assistance with related campus, federal and foundation grants
- Click here to learn more about OCE Grant Opportunities
- Outstanding Community Engagement Faculty Award
- CSUSB President’s Volunteer Service Award
- Faculty highlights (Facebook/LinkedIn; OCE Website; OCE Newsletter; Annual Report)
- One-on-one consultations
- Community engagement faculty newsletter
- Community-engaged faculty listserv
- OCE website links and guides
- Connection with the CO Center for Community Engagement and other CSU offices
Community-Based Education and Service Programming
Learn key strategies in writing an effective OCE grant application through InfoReady and some best practices to document your community engagement efforts!
Learn the best practices in designing a service learning course, including the development of a service learning-focused syllabus!
Learn foundational DEI strategies to utilize when building community partnerships.
Do you have questions about managing risk for your service learning class? Find answers here!