The Office for Community Engagement (OCE) is committed to support and recognize CSUSB faculty who address critical community needs through high-quality community-based experiences for our students. We connect faculty with communities and facilitate community partnership development, service learning and/or community-based participatory research.
If you would like to arrange a meeting or phone call regarding community-based research projects, service learning, and/or project-based learning, please contact OCE Director, Diane Podolske, Ph.D. at email@example.com.
Browse Our Website
OCE Faculty Support Services
- SL and CBPR implementation models
- Community partner identification and partnership support
- Syllabus design guidance
- Risk management guidance
- Related articles, books and readings
- Student and community partner assessment
- Best practices for students in community
- Resources for service materials (e.g. t-shirts, name tags)
- Reflection questions, prompts and activities
- Discussion guidelines
- Online learning software guidance
- Community Engagement Writing Accountability Group
- Community Engagement Library Program
- Linkages with other CSU faculty with similar interests
- Relevant scholarship and publishing outlets
- Letters of support for RPT files
- Faculty development workshops/webinars
- Conference, workshops and event opportunities
- Service Learning Fellowship Grant
- Community Based Research Mini-Grant
- Establishing Community Partnerships Grant
- Assistance with related campus, federal and foundation grants
- Click here to learn more about OCE Grant Opportunities
- Outstanding Community Engagement Faculty Award
- CSUSB President’s Volunteer Service Award
- Faculty highlights (Facebook/LinkedIn; OCE Website; OCE Newsletter; Annual Report)
- One-on-one consultations
- Community engagement faculty newsletter
- Community-engaged faculty listserv
- OCE website links and guides
- Connection with the CO Center for Community Engagement and other CSU offices
Community-Based Education and Service Programming
If you would like to see a community engagement topic covered, please email Juan Ochoa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn key strategies in writing an effective OCE grant application through InfoReady and some best practices to document your community engagement efforts!
Learn the best practices in designing a service learning course, including the development of a service learning-focused syllabus!
Learn foundational DEI strategies to utilize when building community partnerships.