Main Content Region

Tips For Transfer Students

Transfer students interested in being accepted to the Bachelor of Social Work program will need to complete both the CSUSB application via Cal State Apply and the supplemental BASW Program application.

Apply to CSUSBApply to BASW Program

Admission into the program will be contingent upon both the completion and submission of the CSUSB university application and Social Work program application.

Please note that admittance into the university as a Pre-Social Work major does not mean you are admitted into the full-time BASW program. Full-time BASW student status is achieved by getting accepted into the university and social work program by completing our supplemental application.

In the rare case where a senior level transfer student from other CSWE accredited BASW Programs wish to complete their program at CSUSB, they must contact the School of Social Work as early as possible. Students who wait until June of the year may not be accommodated for fall placements

SW 2000 (Introduction to Social Work) is a prerequisite course that must be completed before starting the program in the fall. It is offered in fall, spring and summer at CSUSB and an equivalent course is offered at Moreno Valley College, Crafton Hills College and Victor Valley College. Community college students may also use the cross enrollment or dual admissions processes to complete SW 2000 at CSUSB for reduced cost prior to being admitted to the university. Cross enrollment is limited and not available during the summer. For more information on cross enrollment and dual admission, contact your school counselor or the CSUSB Office of Records, Registration and Evaluations.

Admission Requirements

Prerequisite Equivalent List

Roadmap to Graduate