The School of Social Work is no longer accepting applications for Fall 2021. Applications for Fall 2022 opens October 1, 2021.
Applications for Fall 2021 will open October 1, 2020 on the Cal State Apply web portal
MSW Information Sessions are not mandatory but are strongly encouraged for those that want to submit a strong application. Information Sessions schedule
New students are admitted into our MSW Program only in the fall term of each academic year.
|Semester||Application Opens||MSW Application Priority Deadline||MSW Application Close Date||Deadline To access Application in Cal State Apply|
|Fall 2021||October 1, 2020||January 15th, 2021*||Once slots are full and before July 8th, 2021||July 15th, 2021|
October 1, 2021
January 15th, 2022*
Once slots are full and before July 15th, 2022
July 15th, 2022
*Applications received after the priority deadline are not guaranteed to be reviewed. If you are considering submitting an application after the priority deadline, check the website to verify if the School of Social Work is still accepting applications.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Applicants must apply both to the University and the School of Social Work for consideration. Cal State Apply is the host for the University application and the School of Social Work MSW Program application.
Begin application online at Cal State Apply.
- Program: Select Campus – San Bernardino
- Start Term: Select Fall 2021
|If choosing to attend classes on campus:||If choosing the online option; Pathway Distance Education|
|Select “Campus”||Select: “Extended Education”|
|Degree Option: “San Bernardino Graduate” Choose:“Social Work” or “Social Work and Public Administration Concurrent Degree”||Degree Option: “San Bernardino Extension” Choose: Social Work – Pathway Distance Education|
There is great deal of information requested on the application. Sections in “Academic History”, and “Supporting Information” ask for a great deal of information that the School of Social Work does not review as part of your Master of Social Work Application. However, you will still need to go into each area and click to bypass through these sections. (GPA, evaluation, statement of purpose, etc.). The section in the program materials provide all the documents required for submitting a complete Master of Social Work application.
- All MSW Graduate Program Application instructions, documents, and forms are within the Program Materials section of Cal State Apply.
- A completed application will consist of the following submitted Program Materials:
- Personal Statement
- Field Practicum of Understanding
- Field Application Requirement Form (if acceptable)
- Acknowledge of Risk for Social Work Practicum - Admissions
- MSW Prerequisites Course Sheet
- Title IV-E documents (ONLY if applying to Title IV-E Child Welfare Stipend Program)
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Graduate Social Work Program Recommendation (completed by the 3 references) No recommendation letter is required or can it be accepted.
- Responses to Program Preference & Option and Field Education Questions
- Additional Personal Statement (ONLY if applying to Concurrent Degree Program)
For detailed instructions and access to documents, visit the Program Materials section in of the Social Work Application in Cal State Apply. If you have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSUSB will contact you regarding official transcripts