Mike Singer | CSUSB Office of Strategic Communication | (760) 341-2883, ext. 78107 | firstname.lastname@example.org
All members of the community are invited to attend a special panel discussion at the Cal State San Bernardino, Palm Desert Campus titled, “Reducing Isolation Among Our Older Friends and Neighbors” on Friday, Feb. 17, 2023.
The panel discussion will take place in the campus’ Oliphant Auditorium from 3-4:30 p.m.
As a result of the COVID pandemic, many seniors may not be participating in activities they once enjoyed pre-COVID and are isolating themselves in a state of constant anxiety.
Panelists will discuss their professional observations and the long-term impact on the wellbeing of this highly effected demographic.
Panelists will include:
- Kristina Hash, professor, School of Social Work, Eberly College of Arts and Sciences, West Virginia University
- Anissa Rogers, professor, School of Social Work, CSUSB
- Terese Ann Burch, professor emeritus, Department of Nursing, CSUSB
- Beth Jaworski, interim director, Counseling and Psychological Services and executive director, Health, Counseling and Wellness, CSUSB
- Eric Vogelsang, director, Center on Aging, CSUSB
A Q & A from the audience will follow the presentation.
RSVPs should be directed to OLLI@CSUSB.edu or by calling (909) 537-8121 to reserve a seat.
The CSUSB Palm Desert Campus is located at 37500 Cook St.
For more information about the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, visit the OLLI website.
About PDC: The CSUSB Palm Desert Campus offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees, a doctorate in educational leadership, teaching credentials and certificates. Serving more than 2,200 students, it is the Coachella Valley’s four-year public university and plays a vital role in educating and training the region’s growing population.
For more information about the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus, contact Mike Singer in the Office of Strategic Communication at email@example.com or (760) 341-2883, ext. 78107, or visit the PDC website at www.csusb.edu/pdc.