Cal State San Bernardino’s online master’s degree in criminal justice and MBA programs have once again been listed among the nation’s best in U.S. News & World Report’s 2022 rankings of the best online programs.
The online master’s degree criminal justice program, which is housed in the university’s College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, moved up four spots from last year’s ranking, coming in at No. 34 out of 81 schools listed in the USNWR Best Online Criminal Justice Programs.
“Our criminal justice MA program is consistently ranked among the top programs in the nation,” said Andrea Schoepfer, chair of the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice, housed in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences. “This is a testament to our exceptional faculty, our dedicated students, and the resources and support provided by CSUSB.”
CSUSB’s online MBA program, which is housed in the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration, moved up five spots since last year’s rankings, and is now No. 121 out of 328 in the USNWR Best Online MBA Programs.
“With today’s unpredictable and ever-evolving business climate, businesses need individuals who can adapt and analyze data quickly to make strategic decisions, manage risks and increase organizational value,” said Shanthi Srinivas, interim dean of the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration. “The Jack H. Brown College MBA program delivers, providing the expertise and flexibility today’s executive leaders need to be competitive and take their career to the next level. Such consistent rankings of our MBA Online recognize our commitment to providing the same high-quality learning and experiences virtually as we do in-person.”
U.S. News & World Report evaluated the master’s degree programs using five categories:
- Engagement: Quality online programs promote participation in courses, allowing students opportunities to readily interact with their instructors and classmates, as is possible in a campus-based setting. In turn, instructors are not only accessible and responsive, but they are also tasked with helping to create an experience rewarding enough that students stay enrolled and complete their degrees in a reasonable amount of time.
- Expert Opinion: A survey of high-ranking academic officials in criminal justice helps account for intangible factors affecting program quality that statistics don’t capture. Also, employers may hold in high regard degrees from programs that academics respect.
- Faculty Credentials and Training: Strong online programs employ instructors with academic credentials that mirror those of instructors for campus-based programs, and they have the resources to train these instructors to teach distance learners.
- Services and Technologies: Programs that incorporate diverse online learning technologies allow greater flexibility for students to take classes from a distance. Outside of classes, strong support structures provide learning assistance, career guidance and financial aid resources commensurate with quality campus-based programs.
- Student Excellence: Student bodies entering with proven aptitudes, ambitions and accomplishments can handle the demands of rigorous coursework. Furthermore, online degrees that schools award judiciously will have greater legitimacy in the job market.
Visit the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Program rankings website for more information.
About CSUSB’s Criminal Justice program
The School of Criminology and Criminal Justice provides a broad range of courses to provide students with a comprehensive and solid background for entering into criminal justice. The department offers courses examining: 1) law enforcement, 2) corrections, 3) courts, and 4) various aspects of crime including gangs, drugs, white collar crime and crime analysis. The curriculum is designed to meet students’ needs irrespective of their career aspirations.
For more information, visit CSUSB’s School of Criminology Criminal Justice website.
About CSUSB’s MBA program
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at Cal State San Bernardino’s Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration offers a high-quality master’s level education. The CSUSB MBA program offers rigorous coursework, mentoring from exceptional and well-seasoned faculty, resulting in exciting and rewarding career opportunities. The program prepares students for positions of responsibility and leadership in business administration, emphasizing conceptual knowledge and practical skills.
The MBA program is fully accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Fewer than five percent of the world’s business schools have achieved this accreditation.
For more information about the CSUSB MBA program, visit the program’s website.