Requesting Logo Approvals
The Office of Strategic Communication must approve all items using the logo before they are printed, released or used on a live website. Please refer to the Visual Identity Manual for complete visual identity guidelines and the CSUSB Brand Manual for how to tell the CSUSB story.
Official CSUSB merchandise and promotional items fall under the licensing agreement the university holds with Learfield Licensing Partners. Before producing any item that includes CSUSB trademarks, including our name, you must have design approval from the Office of Strategic Communication and use an approved licensed vendor. See our Guide to Buying CSUSB Products for more information.
Use our New Logo Approval Request Forms
You can use one of the forms below to request logo approval. These forms are new and will allow you to submit any needed revisions to a proof as well. The versions are tied to the submitter, so you will only see proofs that you personally have submitted.
- Merchandise and Promotional Items
- Video (MP4 file)
- Pre-approval for advertising and other contracts - email email@example.com with explanation for pre-approval
- All other Logo Approval Request
If you have a special case, you can always email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What to Expect
Once the proof is in our system, it will automatically be routed to be reviewed. Once the proof is reviewed and processed, you will receive a second automated email message with "Decision calculated" in the subject line. You will receive one the follow decisions:
- Changes Required: Open the proof to see the changes needed and submit a revised proof using the same logo approval request form.
- Approved with Changes: You will need to open the proof to review the changes needed. You will not need to resubmit, however, the expectation is that you will make the required changes. You can use that email for logo approval for purchasing requirements.
- Approved: You can use that email for logo approval for purchasing requirements.
- Not Relevant: Sometimes one of the three messages above does not apply. We will follow up with you if you receive this message for further explanation.
How Long do Logo Approvals Last?
Logo usage on all printed materials must be officially approved by the Office of Strategic Communication. (This includes promotional CSUSB merchandise approved through our licensing agent, Learfield Licensing Partners.) It is the policy of the university that the purchasing department will not issue payment to a print vendor unless this approval is received in advance of publication. This approval is good for 365 days from the initial date that it is approved and for all exact reorders placed within the same time frame.
Please submit your approval email to purchasing, along with the final approved artwork, to help expedite the processing of your requisition/PO or your procurement card purchase.