Philip Chu has over 20 years of experience in transportation planning. As the Chief of Toll Operations at San Bernardino County Transportation Authority (SBCTA), Philip oversees the implementation and operations of the Express Lanes system along the I-10 and I-15 Corridor in San Bernardino County. Philip started at SBCTA in 2008 as a Management Analyst where he managed various Federal, State and Local transportation funding programs. Prior to his tenure at SBCTA, Philip was an Associate Planner at San Luis Obispo Council of Governments as the South County regional planner and motorist aid program administrator.
In addition to his position at SBCTA, Philip has over 10 years of teaching experience as an adjunct lecturer at Cal State San Bernardino Public Administration Department and University of California Irvine Urban Planning and Public Policy Department. Philip was appointed to serves as the Citizen Oversight Commissioner for the City of Pomona in 2021 and volunteer to serve as the Board of Directors at Reach Out and CSUSB Public Administration Department Advisory Board.
- California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo- Bachelor of Science in City and Regional Planning
- California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo- Master of Public Policy
- PA 6800- Public Policy Analysis
- PA 5280- Intergovernmental Relations
- PA 5730- Public Transportation Systems
Research and Teaching Interests
- Regional and transportation planning
- Public policy and finance
- Grant management