Certificate in Hospitality Management Courses
- Hospitality Operations provides an overview of hotels, restaurants, clubs and casinos. Management tasks, techniques, regulations and standard operating procedures will be reviewed. Students will also learn about the business of meetings and event planning.
- Digital Marketing Strategies introduces the foundations of marketing in a digital context. The subject provides a framework to help make decisions in an ever-changing digital marketing world which include basic sales techniques. This course includes an introduction to Google Analytics as it relates to social media and Google certifications exams.
- Revenue Management in Hospitality will explore consumer behavior and its impact on an organization’s revenue. This course provides an overview on the principle of pricing, relative to market segments, timing and seasonality as well as supply and demand in the hospitality sectors of hotels, restaurants and airlines. Participants will learn about planning for local seasons, events, groups, and trends; balancing service quality and labor cost efficiency; employee scheduling and coverage grids; revenue management systems; an overview on financial statements. This course trains participants to take the Certified Hotel Industry Analytics exam (CHIA) through the American Hotel and Lodging Education Institute (AHLEI). The CHIA training materials that includes the online exam is required in this class at an additional cost of $300 when you register separately through their website.
- Human Resource Training and Development in the Virtual World teaches instructional technologies, motivation, morale and human behavior, various theories and strategies for managing stress and wellness in the workplace. This course explores the fundamentals of achieving optimal organizational productivity through progressive employee policies, rules and regulations as they pertain to wage and hours, interview questions, creating a productive workplace environment, progressive discipline, conducting constructive evaluations, role play and designing effective employee training programs.
- Sanitation, Safety and Hygiene amid COVID-19 reviews the impact to health, safety and financial stability of our families and business. This course includes training of five key areas of the exam that includes Basic Food Safety, Personal Hygiene, Cross-Contamination & Allergens, Time and Temperature, and Cleaning and Sanitation. COVID-19 and details about its transmission, related to the respiratory hygiene practices, packaging best practices, cleaning and sanitizing considerations for delivery, including attention to coolers, insulated bags, and surfaces in transportation and hygiene practices for delivery workers will be covered. This course will prepare you to take the California mandated Food Handler Manager’s Exam through the California Restaurant Association and requires an additional fee of $175 for the textbook and exam practice materials when you register separately for this course. Students have the opportunity to earn the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification, accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-Conference for Food Protection (CFP) if they successfully achieve a passing grade of 70% on the online exam.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) involves understanding the developmental side of relationships among guests, employees and organizational processes. You will learn about sales techniques and strategies, predicting customer service opportunities, customer expectations, experiences, and service gaps. This course examines processes for developing the kinds of attitudes, thinking patterns, and behaviors needed to achieve customer service and customer loyalty. Students will learn about different Point of Sale (POS) systems and CRM software, and how to develop strategies for dealing with unhappy customers, understanding the potential for exceeding expectations through empowerment in the service process, and developing specific skills for professional success and customer satisfaction.