The Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration (JHBC) offers degrees in administration and information systems and technology. They are designed to prepare students for careers in business, government service, institutions and related fields. Within the mission of the university, the JHBC aims to:
- Provide high quality business and public administration programs which will prepare our students for successful careers in business and government.
- Participate in scholarly activities which will assist in keeping our students, faculty, and our constituent businesses and governments abreast of current developments in their respective disciplines.
- Provide professional service to our university, community and professional organizations.
The curriculum, with its core requirements and areas of specialization, provides the student with a broad-based behavioral and quantitative understanding of the concepts of management. The managerial function and decision-making processes are studied with coverage in methods of analysis of quantitative information; judgment and appraisal of social, economic and human relations issues; and effective communication. Students select and complete courses within a designated concentration, in addition to lower and upper-division core courses. Students are encouraged to identify a concentration by the beginning of junior year. Concentrations available include (listed by Department):
- Financial Planning
- Real Estate
- Business Analytics
- Information Security
- Information Systems and Technology - Cyber Security l Business Intelligence & Analytics l National Security
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management