Mike Singer | CSUSB Office of Strategic Communication | (760) 341-2883, ext. 78107 | email@example.com
Five students and one faculty member from the kinesiology program at Cal State San Bernardino’s Palm Desert Campus attended and presented research posters at the 2022 Southwest American College of Sports Medicine Conference in Costa Mesa on Oct. 28-29.
Participants and poster presentations included:
- Jaidyn Olson and Sarah L. Dunn - “The Relationship Between Physical Activity and Quality of Sleep in College Students”
- Brandon Madrid and Sarah L. Dunn - “College Student Sleep and Quality of Life”
- Tanya Alvarez and Sarah L. Dunn - “Self-Efficacy for Exercise Influences Quality of Life”
- Gustavo Donis-Castro and Sarah L. Dunn - “Academic Stress and Motivation for Physical Activity in College Students”
- Alejandra Ramirez and Sarah L. Dunn - “Impact of Meal Planning on Physical Health and Functional Ability”
Participation in conferences promotes student success and engages students in high-impact practices by presenting their research findings from their course-based undergraduate research experiences.
For more information about the CSUSB kinesiology program, visit the Kinesiology Department website.
About American College of Sports Medicine
Representing 70 sports medicine professions, and with more than 50,000 members and certified professionals from 90 countries, the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) helps people worldwide live longer, healthier lives. ACSM advances and integrates scientific research to provide educational and practical applications of exercise science and sports medicine. The Southwest Regional Chapter of The American College of Sports Medicine includes six states in its permanent charter granted in 1985: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah.
For more information about the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus, contact Mike Singer in the Office of Strategic Communication at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 341-2883, ext. 78107, or visit the PDC website at www.csusb.edu/pdc