Thank you for visiting our Educational Talent Search web page. As part of the COVID-19 precautions, ETS has temporarily suspended in-person/school site services. However, Educational Talent Search is still open and here to continue to provide services and support to our students through virtual and online strategies. We are available by phone, email, Zoom or through our Instagram pages.
You can reach your Counselor or Advisor by calling our main line at 909-537-4380 from 8am-5pm, Monday thru Friday. You may also email any of our staff directly, ETS Staff Email Addresses. In addition, you can follow our district Instagram pages: San Bernardino City USD, @sbcets_csusb, Rialto USD, @rets_csusb, and Colton Joint USD, @cjets_csusb. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Stay Safe and We Are All In This Together!
TRIO Educational Talent Search (ETS) is an educational program funded by the U.S. Department of Education designed to help middle and high school students to continue to the next grade level, graduate from high school, and enroll in and complete a college education. The TRIO Educational Talent Search Program at CSUSB will serve 1500 students from target schools in the Colton Joint, Rialto, and San Bernardino City Unified School Districts.
To create a pathway for underrepresented students to pursue higher education by encouraging academic excellence, providing support and resources, and promoting college readiness in our schools and communities.
- Academic, financial, and career guidance, including advice on entry to college
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Academic tutoring
- College Awareness Activities
- Exposure to college campuses and cultural events
- Information on student financial assistance
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Mentoring programs
- Educational counseling and assistance with course selection
- Special activities for middle school students
- Workshops for the families of participants
- Specific Programs for Homeless and Foster youth