There are many resources available both on and off campus. It's important to reach out and get assistance and/or information for yourself or for someone you care about.
The Title IX Notice of Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Sex and Myths and Facts About Sexual Violence – hard copies of this resource are also available in the office of Title IX & Gender Equity, Santos Manual Student Union, Room 103.
- Advocate, Marina Wood: (909) 537-5040, email@example.com, Survivor Advocacy Services
- Counseling and Psychological Center: (909) 537-5040 — Counselors 24/7 (for life threatening situations, call 911)
- CSUSB's Policies website, for students.
- Student Health Center: (909) 537-5241
- Women's Resource Center: (909) 537-7203
- Pride Center: (909) 537-5963
- University Ombuds Services: (909) 537-5635
- University Police
California State University, San Bernardino, University Police Department
5500 University Parkway, San Bernardino, CA 92407-2393
Phone (24 Hour): (909) 537-7777; Anonymous Hotline: (909) 537-7786
Off Campus -- Local
- Palm Desert Police Department
73705 Gerald Ford Drive, Palm Desert, CA 92260
Phone: (760) 836-1600
- San Bernardino Police Department
710 North "D" Street, San Bernardino, CA 92401
Phone: (909) 384-5742; Non-Emergency 24-Hour: (909) 383-5311
- San Bernardino Sexual Assault Services, 24-Hour Crisis Hotlines (800) 656-4673 or (909) 885-8884; Main Office: 444 North Arrowhead Avenue, Suite 101, San Bernardino, CA 92401-1221, (909) 885-8884; Coachella Valley/Indio (760) 568-9071; Morongo Basin/Yucca Valley (760) 369-3353; Redlands (909) 335-8777; Victorville (760) 952-0041; Yucaipa (909) 790-9374
- Alternatives to Domestic Violence (ADV), Crisis Line—Riverside city & out of the county (951) 683-0829, remainder of Riverside county (800) 339-SAFE (7233); domestic violence help; protective order assistance; counseling; outreach; shelter.
- Riverside Area Rape Crisis Center (RARCC) 24-Hour Hotline (951) 686-RAPE (7273) & (866) 686-RAPE (7273) (toll-free); 1845 Chicago Avenue, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507
- House of Ruth, 24-Hour Crisis Hotline (877) 988-5559; individual/group counseling; phone support; legal advocate; shelter for women and children; domestic violence counseling; food; English/Spanish.
- Option House, 24-Hour Hotline (909) 381-3471; temporary domestic violence women's shelters; support/outreach; free support groups, crisis education and self-defense; assistance with protective order paperwork; English/Spanish.
- Doves Outreach of Big Bear Valley, (909) 866-1546; 24-Hour Hotline (800) 851-7601; provides women and families domestic violence shelter; individual counseling; support groups (parenting, anger management, women's writing, etc.); legal assistance; protective order help; programs and services for male victims.
- A Better Way Domestic Violence Shelter and Outreach, Victor Valley, 24-Hour Hotline (760) 955-8010; Toll-Free (866) 228-2059; 26-bed shelter (90-day maximum stay), TRO (temporary restraining order); outreach programs, opportunity and education support groups; Spanish.
- Shelter from the Storm, Inc., Coachella Valley (760) 674-0400; 24-Hour Crisis Lines (800) 775-6055, (760) 328-SAFE (7233); emergency shelter; transitional housing; counseling center; legal clinic; teen dating education.
- California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA), 1215 K. Street, Suite 1850, Sacramento, CA 95814; (916) 446-2520; advocates and supports rape crisis centers on behalf of survivors, system's change, funding needs and policy advocacy.
Off Campus -- National
- Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, California Office
50 United Nations Plaza, San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 486-5555; TDD (800) 877-8339; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to fill out a complaint form online with the OCR, you may do so by visiting OCR Complaint Forms.
- Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Headquarters
400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100
(800) 872-5327; OCR@ed.gov
- Know Your Rights About Title IX: Title IX Prohibits Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Where You Go to School, Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education.
- The White House Task Force to Protect Students from Sexual Assault
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN), 24-Hour Hotline (800) 656-HOPE (4673)
- Domestic and Family Violence
- National Institute of Justice: Intimate Partner Violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline, (800) 799-SAFE (7233); TTY For the Deaf (800) 787-3224
- U.S. Department of Justice: Office of Violence Against Women
- U.S. Department of Justice: Defending Childhood
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Intimate Partner Violence