Return of the Pack Stay Informed
Main Content Region

Property Requiring Special Handling

High Risk Property

Some University property may pose a special risk of loss due to its marketability and portability. All high risk property with an acquisition cost of at least $500.00 will be tagged and inventoried.  CSU policy requires all firearms to be tagged regardless of value.  It is highly recommended that departments with high risk property with an acquisition cost below $500.00 record the make, model, value and serial numbers in their departmental records.

Theft Deterrence

The Property Management office has tamper resistant non-barcoded, numbered "Property of CSUSB" labels available for distribution. Items identified by these non-barcoded labels will not be tracked or entered into the University's official inventory, but can be used by the department for its own tracking purposes and to deter theft.