Providing Mailing, Shipping & Receiving Services
The Receiving and Mail Services office is responsible for processing the university's mail, accepting and distributing goods delivered to the university, and coordinating outgoing shipments. Campus Stores is also housed within the office.
USPS Postage Rates Increase – Starts January 27, 2019
The USPS has proposed new postage rates to be implemented on Sunday, January 27, 2019.
First Class Mail Letters
- The First Class Mail letter (1 oz.) rate for postage purchased at the Post Office is increasing by five cents to $0.55 from $0.50.
- Each additional ounce for a First Class Mail letter will cost an extra $0.15 (a decrease from $0.21 in 2018).
- First Class Mail Flats/Large Envelope rates are not increasing in 2019, remaining at $1.00 (1 oz.), with additional ounces costing $0.15.
- Postcard rates are also not increasing in 2019, remaining at $0.35.
- Customers who meter mail (CSUSB), the Metered Mail rate will be increasing to $0.50 in 2019 from $0.47 currently.
|First Class Mail – 2019 Rates
INCREASE PER LETTER – 2019 rates vs. 2018 rates
|Mailpiece - Weight||2019||2018||Increase|
|Letters – 1 oz.||$0.55||$0.50||$0.05|
|Letters – Additional Ounces||$0.15||$0.21||($0.06)|
|Metered Mail Letters (Stamps.com Rate) – 1 oz.||$0.50||$0.47||$0.03|
|Metered Mail Letters (Stamps.com Rate)
|Flat/Large Envelope – 1 oz.||$1.00||$1.00||$0.00|
|Flat/Large Envelope – Additional Ounces||$0.15||$0.21||($0.06)|
|International Letters – 1 oz.
(Country Groups 1-9)
(Country Groups 1-9)
Shipping Rates to Increase for FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight Services
FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight, subsidiaries of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), will increase shipping rates effective January 7, 2019.
- FedEx Express shipping rates will increase by an average of 4.9% for U.S. domestic, U.S. export and U.S. import services.
- FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipping rates will increase by an average of 4.9%. FedEx SmartPost shipping rates will also increase.
- FedEx Freight shipping rates will increase by an average of 5.9%. This rate change applies to eligible FedEx Freight shipments within the U.S. (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), between the contiguous U.S. and Canada, within Canada, between the contiguous U.S. and Mexico, and within Mexico.
Shipping Rates to Increase for UPS Ground, UPS Air and International Services
Effective December 26, 2018, the rates for UPS® Ground, UPS Air and International services, as well as UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, will increase an average net 4.9%.
UPS continues to make investments in capacity, technology and reach of our transportation network in order to support our customers’ growth, visibility, and service needs. Rate increases support ongoing expansion and capabilities enhancements while ensuring UPS is fairly compensated for the value and high service levels provided.