The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff is the top priority for Cal State San Bernardino. Receiving & Mail continues to provide limited services to the campus community from its on-campus office location. Departments looking to pick up their mail or packages may do so, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-1:00pm. Please contact either the phone number and/or email address in the ‘Contact Us’ section on this webpage. If you leave a phone message, our staff are regularly monitoring this line and will return your call promptly.
Providing Mailing, Shipping & Receiving Services
The Receiving and Mail Services office is responsible for the processing of university mail, accepting and distributing packages and goods delivered to the university, and coordinating outgoing shipments for its faculty and staff. Campus Stores is also housed within the Receiving department.
USPS Postage Rates Increase – Starts January 26, 2020
The USPS has proposed new postage rates to be implemented on Sunday, January 26, 2020.
First Class Mail Letters
- The First Class Mail letter (1 oz.) rate for postage purchased at the Post Office or Metered will not increase.
- The Additional ounce for a First Class Mail letters will not increase, however First Class Mail Flats/Large Envelopes will increase by $0.05.
- First Class Mail Flats/Large Envelope rates are not increasing in 2020, remaining at $1.00 (1 oz.), with additional ounces costing $0.20.
- Postcard rates are also not increasing in 2020, and will remain at $0.35.
- For Metered mail (CSUSB), the Metered Mail rate (1 oz.) will not be increasing in 2020 and will remain at $0.50.
|Mailpiece - Weight||2020||2019||Increase|
|Letters – 1 oz. stamped||$0.55||$0.55||$0.00|
|Letters – stamped -- Additional Ounces||$0.15||$0.15||$0.00|
|Metered Mail Letters – 1 oz.||$0.50||$0.50||$0.00|
|Metered Mail Letters -- Additional Ounces||$0.15||$0.15||$0.00|
|Flat/Large Envelope – 1 oz.||$1.00||$1.00||$0.00|
|Flat/Large Envelope – Additional Ounces||$0.20||$0.15||$0.05|
|International Letters – 1 oz.
(Country Groups 1-9)
(Country Groups 1-9)
Shipping Rates to Increase for FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight Services
FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight, subsidiaries of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), will increase shipping rates effective January 6, 2020.
- FedEx Express shipping rates will increase by an average of 4.9% for U.S. domestic, U.S. export and U.S. import services.
- FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipping rates will increase by an average of 4.9%. FedEx SmartPost shipping rates will also increase.
- FedEx Freight shipping rates will increase by an average of 5.9%. This rate change applies to eligible FedEx Freight shipments within the U.S. (including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), between the contiguous U.S. and Canada, within Canada, between the contiguous U.S. and Mexico, and within Mexico.
The following FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight surcharge changes will also take place effective January 20, 2020:
- Applicable services, criteria and pricing for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground packages that require additional handling or are oversized will change.
- There will be changes to applicable surcharges for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground fuel surcharge assessment.
- Applicable criteria for the FedEx Freight Capacity Load minimum charge will change.
Shipping Rates to Increase for UPS Ground, UPS Air and International Services
Effective December 29, 2019, the rates for UPS® Ground, UPS Air and International services will increase by an average net of 4.9%. The rates for UPS Freight less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments rated on the current UPS Freight Tariff 580 will increase an average net 3.9%. UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, will increase an average net 4.2%.
UPS continues to make investments in capacity, technology and reach of our transportation network in order to support our customers’ growth, visibility, and service needs. Rate increases support ongoing expansion and capabilities enhancements while ensuring UPS is fairly compensated for the value and high service levels provided.