The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff is the top priority for Cal State San Bernardino. Receiving & Mail continues to provide limited services to the campus community from its on-campus office location. Departments looking to pick up their mail or packages may do so, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-1:00pm. Please contact either the phone number and/or email address in the ‘Contact Us’ section on this webpage. If you leave a phone message, our staff are regularly monitoring this line and will return your call promptly.
Providing Mailing, Shipping & Receiving Services
The Receiving and Mail Services office is responsible for the processing of university mail, accepting and distributing packages and goods delivered to the university, and coordinating outgoing shipments for its faculty and staff. Campus Stores is also housed within the Receiving department.
The USPS has proposed new postage rates to be implemented on Sunday, January 24, 2021
The new rates are slated to take effect January 24, 2021. As of right now, the major takeaways from the rate change are:
- First-Class Mail® will see an overall increase of 1.8%.
- Stamps and 1 oz. Letters will be remaining the same at 55 cents.
- Certified Mail® will see an increase of 5 cents.
- Priority Mail® Flat Rate Retail prices will be increasing an average of 2.79%. Commercial Prices will have an average increase of 4.13%.
- Priority Mail Express® Flat Rate Retail and Commercial prices, however, will not increase in 2021.
Shipping Rates to Increase for FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight Services
FedEx® released their annual announcement of a rate hike which will go into effect starting on January 4, 2021. The rate change, which is being rolled out in phases, affects ground and air shipments as well as freight. Main takeaways from the announcement include:
- On January 4, 2021, FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery®, FedEx SmartPost® and FedEx Freight rates will increase by an average of 4.9%
- On January 18, 2021, surcharge changes for FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Freight will take effect.
Shipping Rates to Increase for UPS Ground, UPS Air and International Services
UPS® announced the list of services that will be affected by their 2021 rate change, effective on December 27, 2020. The list of affected services and increases are numerous. However, what we know of right now is that:
- UPS® Ground, UPS Air, and International services will have an average net increase of 4.9%
- UPS Air Freight (within and between the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico) will have an average net increase of 4.8%
- Certain Area Surcharge ZIP Codes will be affected
- Additional surcharges will be added in late January and in April 2021