Departments with office areas that are easily accessible to the general public, or departments which are responsible for property which is susceptible to theft should consider utilizing one or all of the following theft protection measures:
- Ensure that property and equipment are identified with a CSUSB ID tag.
- Engrave property and equipment with identifying information using an engraving tool.
- Lock property and equipment using a cable and lock to desks and stands.
- Utilize a security room or closet to store any items considered vulnerable to theft.
- Periodically review key and room security needs.
These suggestions have been prepared by the Property Management Office. Its purpose is to provide guidelines for those responsible for property.