Spring Quarter 2020 Thesis Certification Process
The thesis certification process is now digital and thesis consultations available through Zoom. Please follow the link below to learn about this process and to advise your students who are completing their theses.
For students electing the thesis option as their 'Culminating Experience' in the program, the following resources and documents are available:
To undertake the Thesis Option, a student must have a minimum GPA of 3.7 overall in degree-applicable courses or the permission of the graduate coordinator.
Alternative Thesis Proposal
- Information about the new alternative thesis model
- Requirements for submitting your alternative thesis proposal to your concentration coordinator, graduate coordinator, and the forms needed for admission
Alternative Thesis Format
- Requirements for formatting your alternative thesis
Traditional Thesis Proposal
- Requirements for submitting your thesis proposal to the Graduate Committee and the forms needed for submission
- Sample thesis proposals for each concentration
- Workshops offered by the Graduate Studies Office. These pertain to formatting the thesis, not the thesis proposal. If you are submitting a thesis proposal to the Graduate Committee, see the 'Thesis Proposal Cover Sheet & Instructions.'
- These are the dates set by the Graduate Studies Office for filing of your thesis. See 'Finishing the M.A.' for detailed information about the thesis filing process.