What is SI?
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a research-based, locally-proven method for helping students succeed in challenging courses by providing additional subject-matter discussion, support, and guidance for the strengthening of critical college skills.
- SI is free and open to all students enrolled in the corresponding course
- SI sessions meet twice a week for 50 minutes each
- Each session is limited to 20 students to create and maintain a small group learning environment
SI sessions are designed to help you...
- Strengthen your understanding of the material presented in course lectures and texts
- Develop both general and content specific learning strategies and study skills
- Review for exams and develop effective test taking strategies