S-STEM Application Overview
This National Science Foundation (NSF) Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S-STEM) project team invites applications for scholarships for new transfer students majoring in STEM. Any incoming transfer student beginning fall 2020 may apply for these prestigious scholarships, assuming they meet the Eligibility Criteria below.
Please use the button below to download the application.
As of Thursday, March 19th, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom issued a Stay at Home Order to protect the health and well-being of all Californians. Non-essential CSUSB employees have been asked to telecommute to comply with this order. To minimize any exposure or spread of COVID-19, effective immediately we will be accepting all applications via-email.
Please submit your competed application to Pamela De La Torre with the subject line: S-STEM Application Fall 2020. Recommendation letters will be accepted as a scanned PDF format with either electronic or scanned wet signatures.
- Full-time enrollment (minimum 12 units per semester) at CSUSB with a declared major in Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Computer Science/Engineering, Geological Sciences, Mathematics, or Physics.
- Transfer cumulative GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- Evidence of financial need, as determined by the CSUSB Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Must be a citizen of the United States, a national of the United States (as defined in section 101(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act), an alien admitted as a refugee under Section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, or an alien lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence at the time of submitting your application.
- Must have a demonstrated interest in science and be actively pursuing a career in either scientific research, industry, or in teaching science in one of the STEM disciplines (Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Computer Science/Engineering, Geological Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics).
For Fall 2020 awards, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible. You must be accepted to CSUSB to apply for this scholarship. To apply, follow the “S-STEM Transfer Student Application Form" below. If you are currently an S-STEM scholar at one of our partner community colleges, please fill out the application provided by your local campus staff or contact Pamela De La Torre for an application.
The deadline: S-STEM applications are reviewed as they are submitted. The review process will begin on or after March 13th, 2020.