A bit about us:
The Center for Enhancement of Mathematics Education (CEME) addresses the continuum of mathematics education from kindergarten through college. Our focus is primarily on enhancing content and pedagogy of pre-service and in-service teachers, with the ultimate goal of improving readiness for college level mathematics among students in the Inland Empire. The following activities will support these goals:
What we do:
- Create and sustain partnerships with schools, districts, and local counties.
- Provide ongoing coherent teacher professional development programs, as well as self-contained workshops and institutes.
- Build leadership capacity in local schools and districts.
- Assist teachers in earning their California teaching credential.
- Provide supportive resources for local teachers to enrich instruction and to fill in knowledge gaps. Begin this process while students are undergraduates.
- Provide incentives and mentoring for pre-service teachers to work in low-performing schools.
- Develop and offer seminars on teaching strategies for TA’s, part-time faculty, and full time faculty at CSUSB and other interested institutions.
- Raise funds to carry out the activities described above.
An Overview of Our Programs
Mrs. Kelli Wasserman,
Math Department Lecturer, CSUSB
Dr. Madeleine Jetter,
Math Department Chair, CSUSB
Dr. Jeremy Aikin,
Math Department Associate Professor, CSUSB
|Mrs. Tawney Hall|