A bit about us:
The Center for Enhancement of Mathematics Education (CEME) addresses the continuum of mathematics education from kindergarten through college. Our focus is primarily on enhancing content and pedagogy of pre-service and in-service teachers, with the ultimate goal of improving readiness for college level mathematics among students in the Inland Empire. The following activities will support these goals:
What we do:
- Create and sustain partnerships with schools, districts, and local counties.
- Provide ongoing coherent teacher professional development programs, lesson study, as well as self-contained workshops and institutes.
- Build leadership capacity in local schools and districts.
- Assist teachers in earning their California teaching credential.
- Provide supportive resources for local teachers to enrich instruction and to fill in knowledge gaps. Begin this process while students are undergraduates.
- Provide incentives (scholarships) and mentoring for pre-service teachers to work in low-performing schools.
- Develop and offer seminars on teaching strategies for TA’s, part-time faculty, and full time faculty at CSUSB and other interested institutions.
- Raise funds to carry out the activities described above.
An Overview of Our Programs
|Position||Director||Co-Director||Co-Director (Noyce)||Program Supervisor|
Mrs. Kelli Wasserman,
Math Department Lecturer, CSUSB
Dr. Madeleine Jetter,
Math Department Chair, CSUSB
Dr. Jeremy Aikin,
Math Department Associate Professor, CSUSB
Ms. Erika Salinas Vergara
CEME- Office Support Specialist III