Invitations were sent to eligible students in mid-November 2023. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Two-Year Graduation Pledge
California State University, San Bernardino is committed to assisting students in earning a bachelor’s degree in the shortest time possible. With careful planning and commitment to work diligently, many of our entering transfer students with an Associate Degree for Transfer have been able to graduate in two years.
For its part, the university has consistently worked to provide an academic schedule and degree requirements that can be completed within the two years by students willing to devote their time and energy to full-time enrollment and study. The university is prepared to help students reach this goal.
All transfer students who:
- Are admitted to CSUSB for the current term who have earned an Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) from a California Community College.
- Declared a similar major that corresponds to the AA-T or AS-T earned. If you are not sure if you are in a similar major, please use the CSU’s AD-T Major and Campus Search tool.
- Are willing to earn 30 semester units or more per academic year (degree applicable).
Upon entering the Two-Year Graduation Pledge Program, a student must:
- Remain in the major declared until graduation, not changing or adding any major or minor unless otherwise approved.
- Earn at least 15 units per term and/or earn at least 30 semester units per academic year.
- Submit an Education Plan within their first academic term to plan and track their degree coursework and requirements.
- Be committed to seeking and receiving advising consultation for course selection and completion of an advisor-approved education plan per term.
- Maintain good academic standing while in the program.
- Utilize their higher registration appointment date to ensure enrollment in proper courses according to advisor-approved education plan.
- File their Graduation Check no later than the Fall term of their 2nd and final academic year.
Students who are meeting requirements for the Graduation Pledge Program are eligible to receive the following:
- Higher registration at the top of their academic class level.
- Additional academic support.
- Term by term advising.
The Two-Year Graduation Pledge program is by invitation only. Invitations are sent to incoming transfer students with an Associate Degree for Transfer posted on the official transcript. Please see the blue bar above for the most up-to-date information on when invitations are sent to students.
Please feel free to reach out to the Graduation Pledge Coordinator, John Noriega at GradPledge@csusb.edu.
The California Promise Program
The California Promise Program, established by Senate Bill 412, required the California State University (CSU) system to offer pledge programs designed to facilitate first-time transfer students in completing their baccalaureate degree in two years.
Students who commit to enter into the two-year graduation pledge program will be given a higher registration appointment for each term and will be provided with routine and thorough academic advisement.
The California Promise program is limited to students who are residents of California.
CSU, San Bernardino commits to this promise by establishing the Two-Year Graduation Pledge Program. To support students in this endeavor, the university pledges to provide a quality educational experience with an academic schedule and degree requirements, which can be completed by students who are willing to devote their time and energy to full-time enrollment.
There are two subgroups in the Two-Year Graduation Pledge Program:
- Two-Year Graduation Pledge - For majors not listed in the California Promise
- California Promise Two-Year Graduation Pledge (Limited Space) - Must be a California Resident in one of the following majors declared:
Administration - Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing, Sports & Entertainment Marketing Concentrations only
Communication - Relational and Organizational Communication Concentration, Media Studies Concentrations only
Computer Systems - Game Development Concentration only
Economics - Applied Economics, General Economics, Mathematical Economics only
English - Creative Writing, Linguistics, Literature Tracks only
Geology (B.A.) - General Geology Concentration
History - General, Pre-Credential Concentrations
Kinesiology - Exercise Science, Physical Education and Adapted Physical Education Concentrations only
Social Sciences - Economics, Geography, Political Science Concentrations
Sociology - General Track, Social Service and Community Research Tracks only