The Four-Year Graduation Pledge application period for Fall 2023 has ended. Application was active on Monday June 5th, 2023 and deadline to apply for the program was Friday, August 4th, 2023.
Four-Year Graduation Pledge
California State University, San Bernardino is committed to assisting students in earning a bachelor’s degree in the shortest time possible. With careful planning and commitment to work diligently, many of our entering first-year freshmen have been able to graduate in four years.
For its part, the university has consistently worked to provide an academic schedule and degree requirements that can be completed within the four years by students willing to devote their time and energy to full-time enrollment and study. The university is prepared to help students reach this goal.
All entering freshmen who:
- Have declared a major (and concentration if applicable).
- Are willing to earn 30 semester units or more per academic year (degree applicable).
Have met all entrance requirements for the major.
- Majors that require more than 120 semester units will need to earn more units per year.
- Some majors may require a higher level math (i.e. Math 2210) to be completed within first academic year.
Students are required to submit an application online prior to the deadline and attend a mandatory information session.
- Students may not have more than one major declared, as having multiple majors and/or minors will increase the amount of units required and may result in not meeting the four-year graduation deadline.
- Students may not have more than one minor declared.
- Students may not have more than one concentration declared, if applicable.
- Students must COMPLETE an average of at least 15 units per semester (30 units per year) to reach the minimum of 120 semester units required for a degree in four years. Majors that require more than 120 semester units will need to earn more units per year.
- Students are required to submit an Education Plan within their first academic semester to plan and track their degree coursework and requirements.
- Students must enroll each semester during their assigned on-line registration time. Students enrolling late cannot be assured of getting courses needed.
- Maintain a 3.0 CSUSB and cumulative grade point average after each semester.
- Meet regularly with their academic advisor, follow the agreed upon Education Plan each semester.
- Impacted majors must be accepted into their major according to the department's established schedule.
- Take courses at times (day or evening) when they are offered and/or available and in correct sequence. Note: Students who change their major or concentration or who take a leave of absence may not necessarily be able to graduate in four years. Approval from the Four-Year Graduation Pledge Coordinator is required to change majors and for reinstatement into the Four-Year Graduation Pledge after a leave of absence. If approved, a new, advisor-approved, Education Plan demonstrating four-year graduation MUST be submitted to Academic Advising.
- Demonstrate accountability by complying with all administrative and academic policies and procedures. Non-compliance will result in cancellation of the pledge agreement.
- Students MUST file their Graduation Check no later than the Fall term of their 4th and final academic year.
Students who are meeting requirements for the Graduation Pledge Program are eligible to receive the following:
- Higher registration at the top of their academic class level.
- Additional academic support.
- Term by term advising.
California State University, San Bernardino pledges to provide sufficient classes for the Four-Year Graduation Pledge Program students in order for them to graduate in four years. All Four-Year Graduation Pledge Program students will receive a higher registration appointment date based on their academic progress monitored by Academic Success and Undergraduate Advising.
Participants who continue to meet eligibility (see above) must utilize their designated higher registration appointment date and time to ensure timely advancement toward graduation.
Incoming First-Time Freshmen are eligible to apply for the Four-Year Graduation Pledge program by visiting the application link in the blue bar above and submit their application by the deadline.
Please feel free to reach out to the Graduation Pledge Coordinator, John Noriega at GradPledge@csusb.edu.
The California Promise Program
The California Promise Program, established by Senate Bill 412, required the California State University (CSU) system to offer pledge programs designed to facilitate first-time freshmen students in completing their baccalaureate degree in four years.
Students who commit to enter the four-year graduation pledge program will be given a higher registration appointment for each term and will be provided with routine and thorough academic advisement.
The program is limited to students who are residents of California.
CSU, San Bernardino commits to this promise by establishing the Four Year Graduation Pledge Program. To support students in this endeavor, the university pledges to provide a quality educational experience with an academic schedule and degree requirements, which can be completed by students who are willing to devote their time and energy to full-time enrollment.
There are two subgroups in the Four-Year Graduation Pledge Program:
- Four-Year Graduation Pledge - For majors not listed in the California Promise
- California Promise Four-Year Graduation Pledge (Limited Space) - Must be a California Resident in one of the following majors:
Administration - Concentrations in: Accounting, Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resource Management, Information Systems and Technology, Management, Marketing, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, Supply Chain Management
Chemistry (B.A.) - Chemistry Concentration, Biochemistry Concentration
Chemistry (B.S.) - Biochemistry Concentration
Communication - Relational and Organizational Communication, Media Studies Concentrations
Computer Systems - Game Development, General Interdisciplinary, System Administration Concentrations
Economics - Applied Economics, General, Mathematical Economics Tracks
English - Creative Writing, Linguistics, Literature Tracks
Environmental Health Sciences
Geology (B.A.) - General Geology Concentration
Health Services Administration
Information Systems and Technology - Options in: Cyber Security, Intelligence, Computer Information Systems
Kinesiology - Exercise Science, Physical Education and Adapted Physical Education Concentrations
Mathematics - General (B.A.), Teaching Mathematics Concentration (B.S.)
Nutrition Sciences and Dietetics
Social Sciences - Economics, Geography, Political Science Concentrations
Sociology - General, Social Service and Community Research Concentrations