Overarching/Underlying Mission of Academic Advising
Assist students in the development and implementation of meaningful academic, personal, and career plans that are strengths based, equity minded and compatible with their individual goals.
Goal 1: Timely Graduation
- Outcome 1.1: Students will establish a realistic graduation date.
- Outcome 1.2: Students understand their academic requirements.
- Outcome 1.3: Students make appropriate course selections by understanding prerequisites, sequencing, and course offerings/scheduling
Goal 2: Knowledge of University Policies and Procedures and Engagement with Resources
- Outcome 2.1: Students demonstrate an understanding of relevant university academic policies and procedures.
- Outcome 2.2: Students demonstrate an awareness of relevant campus resources.
- Outcome 2.3: Students have participated in academic and/or co-curricular activities.
Goal 3: Knowledge of Personal, Academic, and Career Options and Pathways
- Outcome 3.1: Students articulate personal, educational, and/or career goals.
- Outcome 3.2: Students select a major based on their career goals and understanfing of their strengths, skills, and abilities.
- Outcome 3.3: Students have a sense of ownership over their educational experience and career path.