California State University, San Bernardino went through an accreditation reaffirmation process in the 2013-2014 academic year, leading to its reaccreditation for a period of seven years, till 2021.
WSCUC issued its action letter to CSUSB President Tomás D. Morales on March 6, 2015. In it, the commission commends the university for “a committed and caring community,” “outstanding contribution of faculty and staff,” “executive leadership,” “development of the Palm Desert Campus,” “strategic planning,” and “building a culture of evidence.”
While the university celebrates its success in obtaining reaccreditation from WASC, we are fully aware that there is more be done to help our students become responsible and productive members of society. We are poised to move forward along a path of continuous improvement for our students and our community.
WASC Senior College and University Commission
2021 REAFFIRMATION OF ACCREDITATION
- Present timeline to President's Cabinet
- Present timeline to Faculty Senate
- Campus Labs Accreditation set up prior to WSCUC Steering Committee meeting
- Finalize WSCUC Steering Committee and hold first meeting
- Update and promote CSUSB WSCUC website
- Identify writing team and sub-committees to begin review of WSCUC Standards and Compliance with Federal Requirements
- Campus visit by WSCUC Vice President to lead training on writing the self study
- Preliminary self-review under the standards using "WSCUC Standards and Compliance with Federal Requirements"
- Update WSCUC Inventory of Education Effectiveness Indicators (IEEE)
- Completed review under the "WSCUC Standards and Compliance with Federal Requirements"
- Audit of missing data
- Begin drafting Self-Study: review accreditation history, complete Compliance with Standards Checklist
- Draft outline of Institutional Report
- Share draft components of Institutional Report with campus community
- Attend the ARC Conference
- Update WSCUC Inventory of Education Effectiveness Indicators (IEEI)
- Complete the final edits on Self-Study and all components of the report
- Upload Institutional Report to WSCUC box
- Offsite Review Spring 2021
- Respond to lines of inquiry from offsite review
- Accreditation On-site Visit Fall 2021