In collaboration with the Teaching Resource Center, the CSUSB Teaching Academy supports teaching and learning at all levels and in all contexts of university activity, and will serve as a focal point for the university’s commitment to this end. In pursuing this goal, the Academy will enhance the intellectual climate, promote discourse among all members of the University community, and serve as an advocate for learning and teaching initiatives and innovations.
Beginning in Fall 2016, the Teaching Academy (TA) will include all faculty who actively participate in TA Events. Notification will be sent to TA members. The TA Cabinet will organize the events and activities, serving as liaisons to the Teaching Resource Center, Faculty Senate and campus administration on matters relating to teaching. The TA Cabinet will be comprised of 11 members: 1 elected from each College and the Library and 5 at-large members (to be appointed by the Faculty Senate). The new Cabinet structure will be phased in over the next three years to allow current TA Cabinet members to complete their current terms.
16-17 TA Cabinet Members
- Craig Seal (16-19), Chair, Business & Public Administration
- Terri Nelson (15-18), Vice-Chair, Arts & Letters
- Lasisi Ajayi (14-17), Education
- Annie Buckley (16-19), Arts & Letters
- Dorothy Chen-Maynard (14-17), Natural Sciences
- Kimberly Collins (14-17), Business & Public Administration
- Jordan Fullam (16-19), Education
- Janine Kremling (14-17), Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Gina Schlesselman-Tarango (14-17), Library
- Wendy Smith (14-17), Arts & Letters
- King-To Yeung (15-18), Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Jing Zhang (16-19), Business & Public Administration
- Davida Fischman, ex-Officio (TRC Director)