- Classrooms: equipped with Smart Carts (i.e., multi-media use) and sound built into most rooms
- Outdoor Spaces: day-time sound is limited due to classes in session
- Classrooms: equipped with adequate lighting
- Outdoors Spaces: lighting will be determined based on event needs and the availability of power
CSUSB University Police and off-campus crowd control staffing will be booked based on the needs of the event and will be determined by Special Events and Guest Services.
Event custodial staff will be scheduled by the Special Events and Guest Services office based on an event-by-event basis depending on the needs and requirements of the event.
Concessions / Food Service / Serving Alcohol
- If Campus Dining Services (Sodexo) is providing your food, please call them at 909- 537-5916 to place your order. PLEASE NOTE: For events not in the Obershaw Dining Room or Lower Meeting Center, food serving tables need to be ordered from Events Scheduling (see Furniture Requests). Tablecloths need to be ordered from Dining Services.
- If Campus Dining Services (Sodexo) is not providing your food, you need approval from Sodexo and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) department as indicated below:
Campus Dining Services (Sodexo) has exclusive rights to provide food and beverage at campus events. The use of an off-campus source for provision of food and beverage requires written approvals from Campus Dining Services and EHS (Environmental Health and Safety). If Campus Dining Services has approved the use of an off-campus source, their signature is required on the Space Reservation Request (SRR) receipt form. The signed form should then be delivered to Events Scheduling (or an email from Sodexo to firstname.lastname@example.org will also suffice). REQUIRED: An outside restaurant or caterer must show proof of insurance coverage for $2 million general liability. Please fax this to Events Scheduling (x77076).
To receive EHS approval: Complete the Food Event Notification form two (2) weeks prior to the event. EHS will process the FEN only if Campus Dining Services has given their initial approval.
NOTE: If food is not being provided by Sodexo and will be served to off-campus attendees, then a Community Event and Temporary Food Facilities Info Packet is needed instead of the FEN.
Please be aware there are fees.
All events requesting to serve alcoholic beverages must fill out the Alcohol Use Permit form. We will review the permit and submit it University Police for approval.
NOTE: If an organization/group is charging admission for a reception/dinner where alcohol is served, in addition to the permit indicated above, an
must be filled out.
Please be aware there is a fee.
If you are not charging admission for the event, it will not be necessary to fill out an ABC form;just the CSUSB Alcohol Use Permit.
Disability Related Accommodations
Patrons with disabilities: please call (909) 537-7360 in advance for accommodations and procedures.
- Ontario International Airport – ONT (25 miles to/from CSUSB)
- Los Angeles International Airport – LAX (78 miles to/from CSUSB)
- John Wayne Airport – (60 miles to/from CSUSB)
- University Parkway: Fast food restaurants – Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Del Taco, Carl’s Jr., KFC, etc.
- Hospitality Lane: (10 miles to/from CSUSB) Claim Jumper, Black Angus, Coco’s, Soup Plantation, El Torito, etc.