The CSUSB Shared Governance Steering Committee provides these resources as additional research on shared governance in higher education. The steering committee does not endorse any of the resource statements as a direction for the development and unique statement of Shared Governance for CSUSB.
Sample Statements of Shared Governance
- California State University’s Tenant of System Level Shared Governance
- San Diego State University’s Open Conversation About Shared Governance
- CSU Sacramento Statement on Shared Governance and Consultation
- AAUP Statement on Government of Colleges and Universities
- Report of the Board of Trustees’ Ad Hoc Committee on Governance, Collegiality, and Responsibility in the CSU
- Chronicle of Higher Education: Exactly what is ‘Shared Governance’?
- AFT Higher Education: Shared Governance in Colleges and Universities
- Public Employment Relations Board (PERB)