Q2S Awareness Week (to be determined)
Join us in raising campus awareness during Q2S Awareness Week and learn more about the Quarter2Semester conversion and consider how the academic calendar change will impact you.
Look for staff and faculty programs, sessions and information tables throughout the week at the Santos Manuel Student Union and at the new Center for Global Innovation.
The campus conversion from a quarter to semester schedule is rapidly approaching, and now is the time for you and your department to consider, discuss, and plan the changes Quarter2Semester conversion may bring to you and your department.
When dates are finalized we will post the schedule here.
View the Fall 2019 Q2S Awareness Week flyer.
Steering Committee Discussion Items
Below is a chart of issues and questions on which the Steering Committee has made a recommendation, is currently discussing, or will address.
Decisions & Recommendations*
- Values and Guiding Principles
- Faculty Workload
- GE Parameters
- Curriculum Freeze
- Faculty/Staff Pledge
- Definitions of Program Conversion/Transformation
- Funding Structure for Program Conversion/Transformation
- Misc. Course Fee Approval Policy
- Number of units required for undergraduate full-time status
- Course numbering
- Unit Structure for majors, minors, grad programs
- Number of units required for graduate full-time status
- Academic Calendar Format & Registration Dates
- Non-instructional dates/deadlines
- GE Structure
- Q2S funding beyond curriculum development
- Conversion specific policies
- Campaign to graduate before semesters
- Advising plan
- Post-Curriculum Development Guide
- Tuition and Campus Fees
Currently Under Discussion*
- Policies & FAM review
*not an exhaustive list of items