Q2S Enhanced Pedagogy Grants
CSUSB ScholarWorks is an open access digital repository that showcases and preserves the research, scholarship, creative works, pedagogical materials and other publications related to CSUSB. Q2S will be using ScholarWorks to collect and disseminate faculty documentation associated with the Q2S Enhanced Pedagogy Stipends.
- To receive professional development funds, work must be submitted in ScholarWorks by 3/1/2020. Funds must be spent by the end of spring 2020.
- To receive a stipend payout, work must be submitted in ScholarWorks by 5/1/2020.
- Visit the Pfau Library homepage and select the ScholarWorks link or you can access it directly at the ScholarWorks website.
- Select the My Account link and sign in (or sign up if you do not have a ScholarWorks account yet). New users will receive an email from bepress.com to confirm their account.
- You can Browse documents currently available via ScholarWorks with the Search tool or by Department/Program, Discipline or Author.
Preparing your documentation
- You will need to submit documentation related to your Q2S Enhanced Pedagogy activities. The nature of the documentation will vary among faculty but may include:
- Lesson/Unit plans & Activities (with accompanying materials)
- Course Outline / Syllabus
- Journal Article
- Book Review
- Essay / Blog Post
- Other (please indicate the nature of the document in both the abstract and the comments area)
- You need to prepare an abstract for your documentation. The abstract will appear when someone searches the ScholarWorks site so try to make it as informative as possible.
- You need to determine the key words for your documentation. “Q2S” should be one of your choices.
- Your submission may comprise multiple documents. ScholarWorks accepts documents in these formats: Word (.doc, .docx), Portable Document Format (.pdf), PowerPoint (.ppt) and Excel (.xls, .xlsx). ScholarWorks does not do well with documents saved via Google (docs, sheets, slides) nor Pages, Keynote or Numbers.
Submitting your documentation
- After signing in to ScholarWorks, select the Submit Research Link.
- Scroll down to Q2S: Enhancing Pedagogy link. You can choose to cross-link your work to your discipline and department.
- Complete the form. If your work is already published on the web (or within ScholarWorks), provide the DOI for that work and, if allowed by copyright, please also upload a copy of the work.
- Use the Comments area if you have any questions or concerns for the Q2S office. We will delete those comments, as appropriate, before accepting your documentation for publication to ScholarWorks.
- If you have more than one file, be sure to click the checkbox for Additional Files (near the bottom of the form).
The Q2S team will review and accept your ScholarWorks documentation. Once your submission of documentation has been accepted, you will receive an email from ScholarWorks and the Q2S office will contact you regarding the your stipend.
- All documentation must be submitted by no later than 1 May 2020.
- Stipends may be received as professional development monies or as a check (only if submitted by 1 March 2020).
- The Q2S office will process the payments as quickly as possible. However, the timeline for this process can be up to 4-6 weeks.
- What if I leave CSUSB?
- Your documentation remains part of ScholarWorks.
- What if my email address changes?
- If you click on the My Account link in Scholarworks, you can change your Profile (password, affiliation and/or contact information), as well as e-mail notifications & preferences.
- ScholarWorks is open access. How do I protect my intellectual property?
- You can put a copyright notice on your work or consider a Creative Commons license.
- Does my documentation need to be ADA compliant?
- Yes, your document should be ADA friendly. Please contact the campus Accessible Technology office for guidance on creating accessible documents.
- What if I have other questions about ScholarWorks?
- Pfau Library has a ScholarWorks FAQ for authors on their website.