Admission to the MSA program
In addition to the general requirements of the university, specific requirements for admission to classified graduate status are:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university;
- Business Aptitude Requirement: Applicants for the MSA must meet one of the following Business Aptitude Requirements listed below:
- Submission of an acceptable score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) as determined by the department. The current minimum acceptable GMAT score is 470 (with a minimum of 10% on both the GMAT Verbal and Quantitative percentile rankings). The current minimum acceptable GRE score of 298 (minimum 10% on GRE Verbal Ability and Quantitative Ability percentile rankings); or
- Proof of completion of a degree from an AACSB accredited college or university or Online Accounting Certificate Program (at CSUSB) with a minimum GPA of 3.0; or
- Upon meeting other GMAT or GRE waiver criteria as set by the department.
- Recent CSUSB accounting graduates who meet admission requirements for the 3:2 Program option may request a GMAT waiver. Contact the MSA Director or department chair for details;
- Completion of the graduate entrance writing requirement;
- Academic motivation and personal qualification demonstrated through submission of a 200-250 word statement of reasons for wishing to pursue the M.S. degree in Accountancy at California State University, San Bernardino, and personal qualifications that will contribute to successful completion of the program;
Admission to the MSA 3:2 program
In addition to the general requirements of the university, specific requirements for being invited into the MSA 3:2 Option are:
- Invitee must be a CSUSB accounting student with at least a junior year academic standing;
- Invitee must have completed the four course performance review sequence (ACCT 3150, ACCT 3470, ACCT 3720 and ACCT 3730) with an average grade point for the course sequence of 3.0 or higher;
- Invitee must earn a B (3.0) in the upper-level writing requirement;
- Invitee's overall CSUSB grade point average (GPA) should be 2.75 or higher.
Students who accept invitation into the MSA 3:2 Option program shall be considered as achieving conditionally classified status and shall get a waiver from the GMAT exam requirement for admission to the MSA degree program. Conditionally classified status will become classified status upon the completion of requirements for the BA in Accounting degree.
Application and Financial Aid
How to apply?
- Master of Science in Accountancy (regular or online program):
- Master of Science in Accountancy 3:2 Option: Please check your eligibility by emailing your student id number and written permission to review your PAWS to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an applicant needs financial aids, please visit the following website: