Please consider participating in the Association of Latin American Studies (ALAS). This student-run club promotes activities related to the vLatin American Studies Minor in particular the annual 2-day conference held on our campus. This is an excellent opportunity to gather experience in conference organizing and to meet local, national, and international scholars from different disciplines, as well as to collaborate with students from different majors.
Members of Student clubs benefit from a variety of opportunities on campus, such as:
- Reduced rates for campus rooms and space through Events Scheduling and/or the Student Union Scheduling Office.
- Attend Leadership Training Programs.
- Invitations to Special Recognition events.
- Invitations to participate in campus-wide events such as picnics, festivals, SOAR, Homecoming, etc.
- Access to poster-making equipment and supplies.
- Subscription to electronic mailing list for all organization members.
- Assistance with Food Events Notifi cation Forms.
- Access to OrgSync as a tool for creating an online networking community.
If you are interested in participating please contact Prof. Carmen Jany at email@example.com. Currently, there are three students in the ALAS club. Prof. Jany will put you in contact with these students.