Peer support training for suicide prevention available for CSUSB students
A week-long suicide prevention training event for Cal State San Bernardino students is being offered by the university’s Institute for Child Development and Family Relations, in conjunction with the San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools.
The free training, limited to 30 students, is scheduled for Aug. 8-12 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on campus, and will include training on:
- In-depth trainings and workshops on suicide prevention;
- Leadership skills development;
- Knowledge about mental health challenges for high-risk populations;
- Networking opportunities with campus and community agencies that provide suicide prevention and mental health services; and
- Interactive action planning for applying these skills to CSUSB and the community.
In addition, breakfast and lunch will be provided to participants.
To register, go to the Peer Support Training for Suicide Prevention webpage.
For more information, contact Beatrice Blake at firstname.lastname@example.org.