The online MBA program at Cal State San Bernardino has been named among the top virtual business programs in the West Coast and in California, according to the sixth annual rankings by Online MBA Report.
The rankings list the CSUSB MBA program as No. 6 in the top 10 in the West Coast, and No. 3 in the top 5 in California. Cal State San Bernardino was the only CSU campus listed in the rankings, which can be found on the Online MBA Report website.
“It is especially gratifying to see how well our MBA program does in California and in the west,” said Lawrence Rose, dean of the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration, which houses the MBA program. “This is great news and a tribute to the hard work and dedication of our incredible faculty and staff.”
The Online MBA Report ranking is based on the evaluation of over 300 U.S.-based online MBA programs. According to their website, the information was gathered in three ways: school surveys, publicly available information on each school’s website and other reputable publications (U.S. News & World Report, Princeton Review, etc.)
The criteria used in making the list consists, in no particular order, of the following:
- Academic reputation of a given school’s online MBA program as well as its campus-based MBA program, if available.
- Value as it relates to tuition.
- Relative MBA program enrollment numbers.
- Admissions selectivity.
- Program quality and rigor.
The Online MBA Report rankings are among a number of listings that the Jack H. Brown College of Business has received recently that includes:
- Listed among the top business schools in the world – CEO Magazine, March 2020
- Listed 15th for the 50 Best Online MBA Programs throughout the nation – College Consensus, September 2019
- Listed No. 292/504 in Undergraduate Business Programs in the nation – U.S. News & World Report, 2020 rankings
- Named one of the top part-time MBA programs in the nation – U.S. News & World Report, 2020 rankings of graduate schools.
- Named one of the Best Business Schools for 2020 – Princeton Review
Along with the rankings, the Jack H. Brown College is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB). The accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Less than 5 percent of the world’s 13,000 business programs have earned AACSB Accreditation. The Jack H. Brown College is one of a handful of CSUs that is AACSB accredited.
The Jack H. Brown College’s Master of Public Administration program is itself accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA), which recognizes that a master’s program in public affairs has undertaken a rigorous process of peer review conducted by Commission on Peer Review and Accreditation (COPRA). All NASPAA accredited programs have successfully met NASPAA Standards.