LifeStream of San Bernardino and Riverside counties and the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Bernardino’s Catholics of African Descent Ministry are sponsoring the 17th Annual Blood of the Martyrs blood drive to honor the late civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.
The blood drive is set for five locations in San Bernardino and Riverside counties on Monday, Jan. 16, the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
The blood drive locations are:
- San Bernardino, 384 W. Orange Show Road, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.;
- Riverside, 4006 Van Buren Blvd., 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.;
- Ontario, 1959 E. Fourth St., 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.;
- Victorville, 12520 Business Center Drive, 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and
- Banning, First Missionary Baptist Church, 332 N. Allen St., 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Blood donations made in honor of the man who gave his blood for this country during the Civil Rights Movement also increases the participation in the process of those who historically have been underrepresented in the blood donor community at large.
Also sponsoring the blood drive are Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.-High Desert Alumnae Chapter, Knights of Peter Claver Ladies Auxiliary, First Missionary Baptist Church Banning, Ecclesia Community Church San Bernardino, Inland Empire Black Nurses, and St. Anthony Parish San Bernardino.
For more information, contact LifeStream at (909) 885-6503, or the Catholics of African Descent Ministry, Diocese of San Bernardino at (909) 475-5194.